Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good GPS mount for my Monster. I have been putting it in the top of my tank bag but that is obviously not ideal. To complicate things a bit more I have a Cyclecat triple clamp and adjustable clip ons so the one that clamps to the bars won't work.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Look at Ram mounts. They have a number of different type of mounts that may work in your situation

·
Registered
155 Posts
Does anyone know of a good GPS mount for my Monster. I have been putting it in the top of my tank bag but that is obviously not ideal. To complicate things a bit more I have a Cyclecat triple clamp and adjustable clip ons so the one that clamps to the bars won't work.
ducman,best prices and selection I found are at radarbusters.com

·
Registered
871 Posts
RAM mounts work well; although, I like the Techmounts better, more refined than the RAM mounts and a little more expensive.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RAM mounts work well; although, I like the Techmounts better, more refined than the RAM mounts and a little more expensive.
Yours looks to be exactly what I am looking for, which is it? With it mounted to the steering stem is it easily removeable? I don't necessarily want it on there all the time.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Yours looks to be exactly what I am looking for, which is it? With it mounted to the steering stem is it easily removable? I don't necessarily want it on there all the time.

Thanks for the help.

Sorry, just read the rest of your original post and realized you have the same CycleCat set-up as I do.

If you have the CycleCat triple clamp I imagine you have the same cut-outs as mine. If that is the case I can tell you how I slightly modified the Techmount handle bar clamp to work with the CycleCat triple clamp.

The round handle bar clamp that comes with the Techmount is 2 pieces that bolt together around the handlebar. Instead of using the bolts that came with the Techmount I purchased extra long bolts (twice the length).
One half of the round clamp goes underneath the triple clamp and the other goes on top. The extra long bolts go through the cut-outs in the triple clamp and bolt the round bar clamp together to the triple clamp. Now just bolt the rest of the mount to the clamp as you would if it were on the handlebars.
Hope that makes sense, if you need some pics I can provide them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No pics necessary. That sounds perfect. I'll be ordering one after Christmas. Thanks and Happy Holidays

1 - 8 of 8 Posts