Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the ducati gps system? Are the bolts for the mount just tightened or do you need a torque wrench?
Is the system plug and play and where is the plug>

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Do yourself a favor and use the search function...many a thread :)

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
Do a SEARCH and save about half the money of Ducati unit

·
Registered
392 Posts
i used the "navihalter" bracket to mount my zumo 550, it puts the gps above the dash and i love it

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
i used the "navihalter" bracket to mount my zumo 550, it puts the gps above the dash and i love it

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
Get much vibration with that setup? I'm pretty happy with the ball mount for my 550, but thought I'd like to try out a higher mounting. Last week I installed the MRA vario screen I have, and got so much screen vibration from the (weight of?) the 'wing' on top, that I took it right back off. I'm thinking the weight of a gps on the windscreen bracket would do the same thing...?

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
Has anyone installed the ducati gps system? Are the bolts for the mount just tightened or do you need a torque wrench?
Depends on your comfort level. It mounts using the handlebar bolts, doesn't it? I've never torqued handlebar mounting bolts, just alternate tightening them until they are 'good-n-tight'. I do get my wrench arm calibrated fairly often though...

·
Registered
392 Posts
It's not too bad

Get much vibration with that setup? I'm pretty happy with the ball mount for my 550, but thought I'd like to try out a higher mounting. Last week I installed the MRA vario screen I have, and got so much screen vibration from the (weight of?) the 'wing' on top, that I took it right back off. I'm thinking the weight of a gps on the windscreen bracket would do the same thing...?
It vibrates, but not excessively. It doesn't distract you from being able to read the screen. I actually think that the amount of flex in the design takes stress off the windshield mounts, if it were more rigid I would be worried it would fatigue them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts