Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to use the stock shift lingage to set up GP/Reverse shifting? Looks like i might have some issues with the frame and the clutch slave but i havent tried it yet? Anyone been successful?

this is on a 749 dark

thanks

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I know on the previous model super bikes that it can be done by simply turning the hiem joint 180 degrees on the shaft. It should work on the 749&999 so long as there is a place for the likage rod to be.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The stock arm won't clear everything... I'm using the straight arm from a Monster... Works perfectly...Just point it up and it clears the clutch slave by about 1/8"....

This pic is with some Cycle Cats I used to have... Now I have Gilles but the linkage works the same...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keef95 said:
The stock arm won't clear everything... I'm using the straight arm from a Monster... Works perfectly...Just point it up and it clears the clutch slave by about 1/8"....

This pic is with some Cycle Cats I used to have... Now I have Gilles but the linkage works the same...
cool, thanks! Now to hit up my monster buddies and see if they have a stock arm.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't have a picture to show it, but it WILL work. (I have done it)
besides flipping the arm 180 you can also turn it around so that it is farther away from the bike and mount the linkage accordingly

look at the bottom of this link
http://www.satoracing.com/rearsets999ti.htm

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hwy1&17 said:
I don't have a picture to show it, but it WILL work. (I have done it)
besides flipping the arm 180 you can also turn it around so that it is farther away from the bike and mount the linkage accordingly

look at the bottom of this link
http://www.satoracing.com/rearsets999ti.htm
ok so it is possible, thanks 1&17

·
Registered
134 Posts
while were posting pics of the Ti Sato's did you know they stop selling those?

I'm kinda glad to cause I crashed last weekend with them on and my frame bent where the mount to the bike. also the titanium bent and ripped. I will be trying the aluminum ones now and hopefully they will break away instaed of bending the frame :(

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
I tried turning it round etc but couldn't get it right on my 916, someone suggested getting the lever off an ss/monster as they are straight.

But for the same kind of money I just got the race-shift pedal with no linkages, more direct and better feel IMHO :)

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DukeDesmo said:
I tried turning it round etc but couldn't get it right on my 916, someone suggested getting the lever off an ss/monster as they are straight.

But for the same kind of money I just got the race-shift pedal with no linkages, more direct and better feel IMHO :)
Yeah, thats what im eventaully going to do, just being cheap right now.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
DanTheMan said:
Yeah, thats what im eventaully going to do, just being cheap right now.
If you have to buy a new (monster/SS) lever to do the swap then it may not be any cheaper than the reverse shift pedal as in my pic.

I have a supplier of machine parts that can supply me with Reverse Shifters in anodzied Silver or Black, I have had them from him in the past and sold on ebay. I use one myself (the pic is my bike with this shifter) and I am very happy with the quality and directness.

Provided I get a certain quantity, I can get them to sell for around $60.

BTW sorry if this post is 'inappropriate' I don't want to tread on any toes. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DukeDesmo said:
If you have to buy a new (monster/SS) lever to do the swap then it may not be any cheaper than the reverse shift pedal as in my pic.

I have a supplier of machine parts that can supply me with Reverse Shifters in anodzied Silver or Black, I have had them from him in the past and sold on ebay. I use one myself (the pic is my bike with this shifter) and I am very happy with the quality and directness.

Provided I get a certain quantity, I can get them to sell for around $60.

BTW sorry if this post is 'inappropriate' I don't want to tread on any toes. :)
not at all =)

·
Registered
135 Posts
DukeDesmo said:
this sounds like a good idea. why don't they come this way to start with? too much damage if bike is dropped?

can that reduce the shifter 'throw' as well ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I never could get any of the after market reverse shift levers to work with the stock fairing on my 999. They would always hit. However, I was able to get it to work with the stock linkage plus a little spacer that I made and a longer screw. Seems to work fine. Consequently, I now have a very nice (expensive) collection of shift levers too. ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.