Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have it as close to vertical as it will go and still be in clearance while shifting without hitting the clutch slave cylinder. As set, the joint thread is about 2 diameters into the rod which is fine but perhaps I can center the rod a bit between the ends, I will see once I am able to go for a test ride and get the pedal height set. Thanks ducvet.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Usually the shift arm will hit the case but not the slave, check at max travel that there is daylight between the case and arm at full travel. I have been able to make it work plenty of times on other models so you should be fine just work to get the two as parallel while setting the pedal in the best fit for you. The closer you get the better/easier the shift, poorly adjusted pedals are a #1 cause for poor shifting bikes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There was interference between the nut holding the joint in the shift arm and my sprocket cover.

I flipped the arm on the shift shaft so it is now offset away from the engine rather than toward it. I may be able to rotate 1 more spline and still be clear with shift shaft fully counterclockwise and that should get the shift arm more in parallel with the shift lever arm too.

Thanks,

Bob

21 - 23 of 23 Posts