Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to change my new hyper (2008 1100s) to GP shift (b/c track bike is gp shift). Really don't want to spend the $900 on sato rear sets (also want to keep passenger pegs) so I spent a while looking at shift levers off other bikes and came across the lever of the ~2003 CBR600 RR. Mounts on and fits perfect, right length and has the link connection in the right spot. The one issue is that the actual linkage is too long to connect to the spindle mount (reference pics below).

So unfortunately this isn't the victory post i was hoping for where i solve the hyper gp shift problem, but looking for any thoughts, ideas, advice you guys may have that would make this lever work. Picked it up off ebay used for real cheap so that's not the issue, but really want to get gp shift on this thing and hate to dump money into it as i really don't need rear sets, would rather spend the $ on the track bike...

So what do you guys think? Think this has a chance of working? Keep in mind that the spindle mount must stay (somewhat) vertical because if you flip it upside down, it then goes back to standard shift. Was thinking i could order something like this, which would shrink the linkage but not sure if not having the rotational aspect that the stock female rod end has would jame up the movement

Sears.com

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I used a Hammerhead shifter for a HM on my MTS 12, drilled and tapped the shifter body in front of the mounting point and voila, GP shift, should work on yours as well. Check my posts in the MTS section.

Reactions: jrance4585

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used a Hammerhead shifter for a HM on my MTS 12, drilled and tapped the shifter body in front of the mounting point and voila, GP shift, should work on yours as well. Check my posts in the MTS section.
That was my original plan before i found these shift levers, actually, and the used crb was much cheaper so figured i'd give it a try. Do you worry about strength of the lever holding up w/ a hole in it?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That was my original plan before i found these shift levers, actually, and the used crb was much cheaper so figured i'd give it a try. Do you worry about strength of the lever holding up w/ a hole in it?
Not at all, the metal is dense there and if you worry you can tap larger and helicoil it down to the normal size, I've got washers as the oem and its a solid connection.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not at all, the metal is dense there and if you worry you can tap larger and helicoil it down to the normal size, I've got washers as the oem and its a solid connection.
Very helpful, thanks man. Will let you know how it turns out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts