Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh shite!! 680 is a royal PITA. Shitty road quality with even shittier drivers. CA seems to have more issues with folks from other states who come here and are oblivious to lane splitting bike rules. I had a similar experience on 280 with my GS. The right car decided to move to the left lane while I was right up near his driver's window and in his field of vision. Took a solid whack on the ribs with his mirror (luckily my gear had thorax armor) and my crash guards took the brunt of the impact with his front right wing. Luckily the cager on the left most lane saw it happening and slowed down and I was able to avoid going down.

I hope insurance takes care of you. And I echo what the others said..do please get a thorough back and neck check up done. It's a miracle you got away with the little soreness and the gear seems to have done it's job.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
552 Posts
Good to see you're ok! crashing bikes sucks! be thankful you walked away mate, the rest can be fixed or replaced.

The bike looks like a write off, which means it will become the insurance companies property so you should see if whoever has it will let you replace your bling for std because you won't get it once it's signed over to them.

If you're sore, see a doctor, get a referral if needed and follow through with it, not sure on the law there so you should educate yourself but it's likely you only have small window of time to notify them of a claim for an injury, so know what it is and if you feel you will need ongoing treatment or if you find you're injured, engage a lawyer (get a referral from other riders, not the ambulance chasers that advertise on TV) and get that sorted.

Keep a diary, write down every communication, every appointment and every comment told to you by name and time, a diary is considered a legal document in court so keep it up to date, you may need it's contents if things turn sour for any reason.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I gor rear ended sitting at a traffic light on my Harley. Bastard drove off and left me laying there. Bike was totaled. I bought it back. Paid off my Hyper , bought a Monster 1200R and fixed the Harley. Been riding it for 2 years now.

Glad you are OK. I was bruised as hell but walked away.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
glad you're OK. Same thing almost happened to me on the far right on the FWY so I had the emergency lane to get into. But I though I was going to murder the guy.

with regards to insurance and who's at fault, since your bike collided with his car when he cut you off, it's clearly his fault. Had you tried to avoid hitting him and crashed on your own, then there would be an argument against his culpability. So in a way, even though it's scarier, it's better from an insurance POV if your bike actually hits the other vehicle that's causing the accident.

I crashed my SC twice, albeit a few years ago (2008 and 2010), and both times I had the shop fix the streering stoppers before the assessment to make sure the insurance company wouldn't declare it totaled due to bent frame, as it had happened to other forum members. it worked both times. They handed me a $8K check each time and I rebuilt the bike with better aftermarket parts.

Seems you got some nice goodies on there and it would a shame to let the insurance take that away. You should level with your adjuster and explain to him the cost of your parts etc and why you want to rebuild the bike. Sometimes the adjusters get it and they're cool.

Good luck!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Provide every receipt for every aftermarket piece you have, you'll get that back when they total it. Don't settle unless you're made whole...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Glad you made it out pretty much unscathed, sorry about the Classic! Can be replaced; but not your life! Stay safe out there guys!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks everyone. I'm doing much better now but still some way for recovery. Insurance company has totaled it and cut me a check for it. However, since the bike was on lien I was not able to do a buy back :(

I have submitted all the receipts that I had for the parts on the bike but from my understanding that will take some time as the salvage process needs to be complete first and then they will submit it to the other insurance company to pay. I was really hoping it would be a faster process :/

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks everyone. I'm doing much better now but still some way for recovery. Insurance company has totaled it and cut me a check for it. However, since the bike was on lien I was not able to do a buy back :(

I have submitted all the receipts that I had for the parts on the bike but from my understanding that will take some time as the salvage process needs to be complete first and then they will submit it to the other insurance company to pay. I was really hoping it would be a faster process :/
Glad to hear you are ok man. Try to get the yard address where the insurance folks towed the bike too. Usually it's local and the yard folks will auction it. May be you can have a chance. Good luck

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
"Gee officer ... I'm not sure how the driver of that car got his nose busted and his lower jaw smashed in ... shame he lost a few teeth as well ... musta been the impact."

Yea ... yea, that's it .... must have been the impact .... or something. :rolleyes: ;)

... like a fist to the face a few times ... stupid fektard ...

:wink2:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Damn Mike. Sorry about the wreck. I just read the whole thread and can't believe that I missed this whole thread somehow. Have you heard back from the Insurance company yet?

So, is the plan to get another SC....

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hey guys, thanks for your messages and kind words. I’m alright I walked away with no broken bones. My knee aches a bit but I’ll live. As for my poor baby, I had to let her go. Since she was on a lien I was not able to buy it back. However, the insurance company paid out really well. I managed to pay off the loan AND get a 2009 SC1000 Biposto completely stock with only 5k miles on the clock.

I’m currently nodding her up. I have done the FLEDA rear light system, OZ black rims, Brembo 4p4p front silver calipers, front snowflake rotors, Brembo RCS 17 clutch master cylinder, RCS 19 brake master cylinder, Oberon slave cylinder, Rizoma fluid tanks and Rizoma grips.

Just ordered NCR big oil cooler and lines (black).

I’m about to have the valves done and change the belts.

I desperately need termignoni’s though. I’ll have to wait a month to order them. Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mike- Very glad to hear you are okay! Good that your insurance company came through. Sounds like you found a nice Biposto as a new baby! Keep us posted and we look forward to some pictures !

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for your messages and kind words. I’m alright I walked away with no broken bones. My knee aches a bit but I’ll live. As for my poor baby, I had to let her go. Since she was on a lien I was not able to buy it back. However, the insurance company paid out really well. I managed to pay off the loan AND get a 2009 SC1000 Biposto completely stock with only 5k miles on the clock.

I’m currently nodding her up. I have done the FLEDA rear light system, OZ black rims, Brembo 4p4p front silver calipers, front snowflake rotors, Brembo RCS 17 clutch master cylinder, RCS 19 brake master cylinder, Oberon slave cylinder, Rizoma fluid tanks and Rizoma grips.

Just ordered NCR big oil cooler and lines (black).

I’m about to have the valves done and change the belts.

I desperately need termignoni’s though. I’ll have to wait a month to order them. Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats. Seems like a very good find. Pictures, give me some!!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts