Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally made the decision to start modding my 999R, first few bits are on there way:

Lightech Adjustable rearsets with folding peg (black)
Lightech Clutch Lever (black)
Lightech Brake Lever with left side adjustment (black)
Lightech petrol cap (silver with black centre)
MPL Brake & Clutch reservoir caps (black)
Samco Radiator/Engine hose kit (blue)
Sargent Carbon FX seat (Black with Red pinstripe & Italian flag on right side)

The seat is going to be 4 to 5 weeks and the rest should be here in 7 to 10 days, i will put up some photos when the parts get installed.

·
Premium Member
8,730 Posts
Go for it Bro! I just installed a CF vented Shift Tech timing belt cover and cinched it down with titanium bolts. My whole right side now is carbon fiber.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I have finally made the decision to start modding my 999R, first few bits are on there way:

Lightech Adjustable rearsets with folding peg (black)
Lightech Clutch Lever (black)
Lightech Brake Lever with left side adjustment (black)
Lightech petrol cap (silver with black centre)
MPL Brake & Clutch reservoir caps (black)
Samco Radiator/Engine hose kit (blue)
Sargent Carbon FX seat (Black with Red pinstripe & Italian flag on right side)

The seat is going to be 4 to 5 weeks and the rest should be here in 7 to 10 days, i will put up some photos when the parts get installed.
I know that Sargent seems to be a fav as far as seats go, but I have to say that the Ducati Performance "comfort" seat is unbelieveable! It's 15mm taller tha stock and is so comfortable! I have never had my arse fall asleep or ache at all, not even after riding all day, I can't say that about my Honda XX or ZRX seat. Although I have never sat on a 999 w/ a Sargent, I have sat on other bikes w/ Sargent seats and have not been impressed at all...w/o even considering price....which at $149 the DP seat is a great bargain, you'll not regret the purchase and save a $150 too!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well how the fuck did that get past me, a non mechanical Ducati part that i didnt know about for my bike. I didnt look as i had a Corbin seat on my 916SPS and that was good and when i looked at the Corbin seat i seen the sargent seat and read a few different comments and chose that. Its been ordered so i cant go back now i will just have to try it and find out for myself exactly what its like. I think the Ducati Performance seat might be a little more than $150 here in Australia!!

·
Premium Member
8,730 Posts
My only bitch, perceived or not, was the fact the Sargent seat was considerably thicker than the stock seat. Therefore, it raised me up and forward with extra pressure on my wrists. I midigated this by buying a set of FBF bar riser brackets. They really helped and it was a simple install.

·
9,757 Posts
My only bitch, perceived or not, was the fact the Sargent seat was considerably thicker than the stock seat. Therefore, it raised me up and forward with extra pressure on my wrists. I midigated this by buying a set of FBF bar riser brackets. They really helped and it was a simple install.
Yeah the sargent seat really raises you up. Call me weird but I also hate how soft and comfy it is. I prefer a firmer and grippier seat with lots of feedback like the DP pad.

I've also had quality issues with both of my sargent seats, with threads stripping way too easily and the integrated nuts coming completely loose.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts