Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some new cans!

They are super light, about a 1/3 of the weight of the standard ones. The link pipes are for a RSV so i'm trying to source some others and some hangers atm.

They've been stubbied already and i suspect they might be hilariously loud! :yeah:
Baffles are on standby if needed. I have a TFi so i think i shouldn't lose too much midrange, and let's face it, the Duc V-twin isn't sort on it anyway. I'm after noise and weight loss over power.

A question for you guys: Has anyone bought these or similar:

VIPER CONNECTING LINK PIPE DUCATI 750 MONSTER (93-03) | eBay

If so, can you tell me the length of the links and what the strap length is? Ebay says:

"We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, due to the high number of emails this seller receives, they aren't able to respond to your specific question right now. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

Or alternatives? Or anyone got any old ones to sell (pref. UK)? My cans have a 350mm / 14inch circumference for straps. The slip-on clamp for the link pipe is 50mm.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think I have the link pipes and straps, never used them, went with an alternate set up. PM me and I'll ck later on today.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a pipe that is welded to a crunched CF can that could be removed and reused I would think. Cost of shipping.
Fit a 01 750 SS.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I have the link pipes and straps, never used them, went with an alternate set up. PM me and I'll ck later on today.
I have a pipe that is welded to a crunched CF can that could be removed and reused I would think. Cost of shipping.
Fit a 01 750 SS.
PMs inbound gents.

I would like if you could post a youtube video so we can hear them.
Atm they aren't fitted, but the second they are you can depend on that! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Nice cans, my wife cans are nicer...........I've heard them on a 900SS very sweeeet!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Got my new cans fitted!

I used a fitting kit, technically for a Viper can on a 900ssie but really, it's all the same. It cost almost as much as a i paid for the cans but the benefit is now i can fit any set of 50mm cans going forward. The quality on the links is really nice. This set is coded CNP105, the fitting for other bikes can be worked out from here (link pipes are the last column):

Titanium Oval - Unbaffled for track use only

So if you want to fit any non-welded link pipe type can to your bike you can use this. No longer feel you are held hostage by the mighty but pricey Termis.

And got some 8" baffles:

By the time i got home it was pretty late but that wasn't going to stop me, lamps out, i rigged them up and went out for a night-time spin:

It was a LOUD grin filled ride!

Next day i moved the hanger strap using some 'ghetto' DIY hanger plates (I've already got pans for a MkII, these are temporary.) :

I moved it from here:

To here:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Rear stance:

Vids:

No Baffle:

Baffle:

It is really, brutally, loud without the baffles. It'll never come across in the videos i guess.

I was on my way to work with the baffles in i still managed to set a car alarm off. Not even being a nob, just riding along.

:yeah: :eek: :yeah: ...............I'm so conflicted :D

Baffles need a trim, I'll probably get that done today in the shop at work while i'm on lunch.:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pros / Cons?

Well, i'm still getting used to them but it initially seems like they do flow more freely. Previously if i whacked the throttle open there was a moment where it seemed like the pistons were tripping over themselves, it would clear it's throat and then we'd be way. Now it seems like it doesn't do that as much. It'll take a while to get used to it and be sure.

Also, i fitted a Dobeck Performance TFi a while back to overcome the stock fueling's hideously lean, jerky closed / nearly closed throttle area. This worked great. I was worried that boosting air flow (i've not changed air in) might take things back to the bad old days. Initially it seems like it's fine.

A con is i'm constantly worried that people might hear me coming and think i'm on a chopper. Wouldn't want that. :D

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Rear stance:

Vids:

No Baffle:

Ducati 750ssie Scorpion Stubbies No Baffles - YouTube

Baffle:

Ducati 750ssie Scorpion Stubbies Baffles - YouTube

It is really, brutally, loud without the baffles. It'll never come across in the videos i guess.

I was on my way to work with the baffles in i still managed to set a car alarm off. Not even being a nob, just riding along.

:yeah: :eek: :yeah: ...............I'm so conflicted :D

Baffles need a trim, I'll probably get that done today in the shop at work while i'm on lunch.:

Lol. It DOES come across in the vid! Well, on my computer, with a good sound card and a sub... :D

Sounds louder than mine (carbon cans, no dB killer) does without your baffles fitted, but quieter than mine (just) with your baffles fitted. How picky are the UK cops on noisy bikes?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^Thanks! Well i've never had anything this loud before, apparently they can be tough but i guess we'll see.

I also got my exhaust hanger adapter MkII in place:

They are much better looking and more stable. They also hold my header pipes further from my fairings which will hopefully prevent them melting due to the fine tolerences in the stock routing, as you can see:

Hopped on the bike at the weekend for a 200 mile round trip to see a friend and glad to report nothing fell off. Here's me visiting the beautiful county of Essex:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts