Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed them and haven't ridden it much, but man, does it sound great. Finally sounds like a Ducati. Woo hoo!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just installed them and haven't ridden it much, but man, does it sound great. Finally sounds like a Ducati. Woo hoo!
Cant wait, riding down to New Orleans today to get mine installed and looking forward to the ride back.:D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Cant wait, riding down to New Orleans today to get mine installed and looking forward to the ride back.:D

Wow, what a difference. Great sound, great looks and lost a few pounds. They also fixed the heat shield so I can place my right foot better. Had a great ride home :D

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Very nice! My dealership called me today...my Termi slip-ons have arrived, too! Have an appointment next Saturday for installation w/ Power Commander and dyno. Can't wait to hear and feel the difference. :yeah:

·
Registered
188 Posts
What did they do?

There is a Y bracket that holds the lower part of the heat shield onto the pipes, they modified it so the lower part of the shield is much closer to the pipes, this gives your foot more room. Interestingly enough it does NOT feel any hotter and I rode back in 90F heat. They also put spacers on the rear set to place the pegs further out.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
There is a Y bracket that holds the lower part of the heat shield onto the pipes, they modified it so the lower part of the shield is much closer to the pipes, this gives your foot more room. Interestingly enough it does NOT feel any hotter and I rode back in 90F heat. They also put spacers on the rear set to place the pegs further out.

Nice to have a dealership that cares about making the bike right for you...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Did it make a substantial difference? I'm having a hard time with my right foot. It pushes my heel out and ends up hurting my knee due to the unnatural position. Especially when hanging off the bike.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmmm. The dealership installed the ECU and did some "tuning" and now it runs rougher than my remapped stock ECU, plus it feels a little down on power. This is just an impression from a quick ride home; I'll take it for a real ride tomorrow, but if my impressions are the same I'm taking it back and having them take another look.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Did it make a substantial difference? I'm having a hard time with my right foot. It pushes my heel out and ends up hurting my knee due to the unnatural position. Especially when hanging off the bike.

Yes, what a difference. First he modded the heat shield and I tied it and it felt like a had more room. Guy the mechanic was still not satisfied so then he did the spacer mod on the rear set and we all agreed that did the trick. I thought I might feel a bit more heat on the 60 mile ride back home in the heat but I did not. I did however feel more relaxed on the bike and my right foot felt "NORMAL" when I swung my leg of the bike. The mechanics at the New Orleans shop are all ace in my book. We did a lot of test rides to get the bike just right. Oh and they balanced the throttle bodies as well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hmmmm. The dealership installed the ECU and did some "tuning" and now it runs rougher than my remapped stock ECU, plus it feels a little down on power. This is just an impression from a quick ride home; I'll take it for a real ride tomorrow, but if my impressions are the same I'm taking it back and having them take another look.
Sorry to hear that but I feel lucky then as my power feels way up and there are no dead spots or surging of any kind at low RPM's. He did spend three hours on it though to get it right.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to hear that but I feel lucky then as my power feels way up and there are no dead spots or surging of any kind at low RPM's. He did spend three hours on it though to get it right.
Yeah, my dealer only spent a half hour, and that included the chip installation. So he probably just set the TPS and called it a day.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Yeah, my dealer only spent a half hour, and that included the chip installation. So he probably just set the TPS and called it a day.

Sounds like my dealer, just going through the motions...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had a good long ride today, and it is all fine. It just goes to show that you need a bit of seat time to really evaluate things. Sounds great, runs beautifully, one happy customer.

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
The ride is definitely different from the stock set up (recalling from the NPR test bike). The engine braking is different, the throttle hits with a little more "umph". I was amazed how different the stock and the termi bikes differed. Did you get the same impression?

·
Registered
188 Posts
The ride is definitely different from the stock set up (recalling from the NPR test bike). The engine braking is different, the throttle hits with a little more "umph". I was amazed how different the stock and the termi bikes differed. Did you get the same impression?
For sure, seat of the pants I could feel the difference on the ride home. Of course now I have a hundred more miles on the Sunday I dont notice it quite so much any more but the sound is pure joy:D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd have to say the difference in performance or engine characteristics isn't dramatic to me. I do love the sound and looks though.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Could you do us a big favor and remove your heat shield and take a photo of how they modified the bracket? I was looking at it today and can't see how they could have done it. I really need to try this.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Wow, what a difference. Great sound, great looks and lost a few pounds. They also fixed the heat shield so I can place my right foot better. Had a great ride home :D
Have an appointment for installation on Saturday. How much lighter are the Termis compared to the stock cans? I read that stock were 10 lbs each.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts