Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided to buy a set of Sil Moto spaghetti headers for my 1997 900 SS/SP and they arrived Thursday. Motowheels was great...fast, helpful and good price, as usual. After a few scraped knuckles, and an upside down flange I had to remount (spring mount holes are on the bottom, not top, but the springs don't seem to do anything anyway), I got them mounted. They fit pretty well (tight). I had to cut the mounting brackets for my Hindle carbon cans 1" shorter, and now they are on. Aside from looking cool, I seem to have picked up some midrange. This may be because they run a bit leaner, which I needed as I was slightly rich (Keihin 41 FCRs). 2nd gear power wheelies are very easy at 4000 RPMs (even though I live at 6,000' elev.). I'll find out about cornering clearance on Aug. 8 when I attend a track day at Miller Motorsports Park. Added cornering clearance was the main reason I wanted them. I think they may have one more set in stock. I can post pics if anyone wants, but they just look like headers :).
Joe

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
not many things out there that are as sexy as a spaghetti system on a supersport,
i'd like to see some pictures for sure.
how about the sound ?

:)
Elvis

·
Registered
182 Posts
You will not have anymore issues with dragging your header pipe....

And they are sexy

Here is a picture with the stock header, you can see a dark oval shape on the pipe below the kickstand where I was dragging them, other side is the same.....plus they look like crap

·
Registered
87 Posts
Awesome pictures.

Awesome bike too. I'm not usually big on the race replica paint jobs, but that looks sweet.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sil Moto Diameter

What's the diameter of the Sil Moto header?

I've got a Ducati Performance 45mm header on mine now with low slip-ons. I've also got high slip-ons but I don't think they're compatible with the header due to the angle of the header where the slip-ons attach to it.

If the Sil Moto's are 45mm as well (meaning tuning might pretty much stay the same), then I might consider selling the DP and buying the Sil Moto system, so I can still have high pipes.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Staintune is my spaghetti of choice.

I too found a big increase in midrange after installing spaghetti headers and a smaller increase in power up top.

I think the Staintunes are 50mm so not only an increase in flow due to design, but also due to diameter.

Not a track shot, but my trackday bodywork isn't quite as painted as Bruntr's...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Muschi, the sound's the same: all Supersport...loud and deep. This seems to be controlled more by the Hindle carbon cans than by the headers. Bruntr, sorry about the crappy pics. Not nearly as cool as yours! I had to remove my kickstand since it was being ground off, even with the 1" longer Penske shock! Edwyun, I won't be dragging my fairings (I hope :eek: !!), I have CR 1/2 fairings on my SP because I like to see the motor and they weigh several pounds less each. I also think the old air cooled beast runs a bit cooler with them. h60mech, the header diameter is 45 mm so any cans that fit the stock system should work. My Hindles are high mount and they fit great after I shortened the mounting brackets about 1". Psssp, I thought about Staintunes, but since they were not available, they were not a consideration for me. I also liked not having to buy another set of mufflers.
Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I just mounted my SilMoto header. Two concerns for now (other than being too lean, which I'll fix). Pipe seems to be contacting the engine case in rear and extreeeemely close to the swing arm. Also it's touching my rightside oil cooler line. I guess some heatwrap is on order. I'm going to mess around with the can height to see if I can remedy the contact issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts