Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Just want to start with thanking all of you who helped with picking out the bike, who answered my questions, and for all the useful info on the forum.
Bought my 749 2005 biposto. Brought her home last weekend and immediately started stripping her down.
The bike has a full termi system, ohlens shock, open clutch cover, pazzo levers.. and I believe thats it lol

Bike had problems getting into neurtal and had no rear brake, a quick bleed of clutch and brake fixed both problems. Cleaned and tightened the slave clutch so no more leaks and changed up the oil and coolant. Cant wait to get the fairings back on.

Here are some pics, should be done with her by the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice bike, love the dark superbikes! Some very nice upgrades already done! Enjoy your new girl!
Thank you, stayed up all evening finishing up. Fairings back on, headlight changed (had a crack), she if officially ready to ride.

·
Registered
564 Posts
6 hour drive both ways to san fran to pick her up.. hell of a trip
should have told me, I could have ridden it down for ya :] On that color scheme, like my matte gray ST4s, its a stealth finish... so you're invisible, and should ride accordingly. I highly recommend always running your high beam during daytime. And liberal use of the passing trigger, which fires both lamps, doesn't hurt either at intersections.

As for the third eye chakra lamp [on the windshield], it's unique to '03 and '04 - part of the original design intent, along with the vertical gill slits on the nose fairing. The '05-onwards mods were design compromises to moderate the radically original design so as to goose the poor sales figures.

Enjoy your ride.. oh, and please don't call the City "san fran"

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
6 hour drive both ways to san fran to pick her up.. hell of a trip
should have told me, I could have ridden it down for ya :] On that color scheme, like my matte gray ST4s, its a stealth finish... so you're invisible, and should ride accordingly. I highly recommend always running your high beam during daytime. And liberal use of the passing trigger, which fires both lamps, doesn't hurt either at intersections.

As for the third eye chakra lamp [on the windshield], it's unique to '03 and '04 - part of the original design intent, along with the vertical gill slits on the nose fairing. The '05-onwards mods were design compromises to moderate the radically original design so as to goose the poor sales figures.

Enjoy your ride.. oh, and please don't call the City "san fran"
I thought about riding back as well, thank god i didnt. Seller "forgot" to mention headlight was cracked, rear brake didnt work, clutch couldnt find neutral and tires were shot lol
But all fixed now, why no "san fran" ?

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
I don't understand lol.. whats wrong with san fran?
LOL, no biggie. But only tourists call it that. Locals call it The City. Hang out enough and you'll understand why. SF and most of Norcal are, as a whole, geographically and climatically cool place, esp for sport bikes. The folks are also very chill long as ya have a live/let live mentality.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts