Discussion Starter #1
A couple quick questions.

What mounts are you using on the Hyper?

What size memory card is suggested?

Thanks.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Handle bar mount with as big of an SD car as you can afford. Bigger the better.

Extended battery pack is essential - I have a 32G SD card and even with the battery pack the camera will die long before the card is full. Still, I get a couple hours out of my GoPro on a full charge.
Yup....the handlebar/seatpost mount is great...mounts easily to your handlebar (duh!) or to just about anywhere on the trellis frame.
I've used the adhesive mounts on my snowboard helmet a bunch but I don't want to use one on my motorcycle helmet, so I'll go with the suction cup for that....with a leash :D

I have a 32 GB card also, and JCM5 is correct....the battery will die before you fill the card, so do the extended battery pack or a second battery

·
Registered
35 Posts
I love my chest harness mount...

·
Registered
141 Posts

This guy put the suction attachment on his headlight. Maybe not too smart but it makes for a good view. You may want to fasten your seat restraint while viewing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like to use all the mounts as they all offer different angles and outcomes.
so far, I have used the handlebar mount, chesty mount, helmet, suction, and the strap mount. Seems that the chesty offers the best option for minimizing wind noise.

As for the SD, bigger is always better. the GoPro can accommodate up to a 32gb. Just look for a class 10 version. You can find them in the $30-$100 range depending on brand and current sales.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Wouldn't the chest harness make the camera point down at the gas cap when in a tuck position?
Not if you have big Ta-ta's!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wouldn't the chest harness make the camera point down at the gas cap when in a tuck position?
You can adjust the angle the camera is pointed. Of course if you are constantly switching to and from tuck and upright, youll have to adjust the camera each time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know if I'd consider being in a "tucked" position on the Hyper to be even close to my sport bikes. I almost feel as I'm sitting completely upright, which is why I love it.

But ya, you can angle up the camera. With the chest harness you can see the dash, all the throttle, clutch, and brake manipulations, plus of course the road in front of you.

Here's a video that I did a couple years back with the chest harness.. https://vimeo.com/24299402

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like that view. Can you share some info about what mount/position you are using.
+1 on that, how is it mounted?

Just got the basic kit today, will go and get the roll bar and handlebar mount next.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got the Handlebar/Seatpost Mount from GoPro, less shaking that the suction cup.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts