Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
So for you go pro experts, we have a 3mp Hero camera with a narrow angle waterproof case, can we just buy a wide angle case and use it with our existing camera or will this not do the trick?

We wonna do the filming and I will get a suction cup mount but need to know if I am heading in the right direction with another case, thanks gents.

·
Registered
215 Posts
$70.00 US investment for the housing and the suction cup and your still 2 megapixels and all this other stuff shy? I understand you can get all this for $135.00 on ebay.

Guys be very careful what you buy on flea bay, I was looking at the cameras last night and saw that for 135 you do not get the latest version. The old one is 130 degrees of view angle and the new one is 170. Also check really closely on the "extras". Just a heads up. When the deal seems too good to be true it usually is!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
motodan, if you don't mind us discussing this on your thread then cool as you already have the title up, if you want me to start another thread lemme know.

Mountain rider, you can double all that for NZD plus getting it here so it works out to be a fair chunk of coin.

3mp is still plenty for video?, when you load it onto pootube don't they reduce it back anyway?

So what will happen if we put our 3mp narrow angle camera into a wide angle case?, will this work?

Spot the newbie at this stuff ... me, just wonna spend once and wisely.

·
Registered
541 Posts
All I know about megapixels is that my 2mp cell phone cam takes significantly crappier pics than my outdated 4mp camera. Thats a 2mp difference, just like the gopros.

The quality is noticably less once uploaded to any host but it stands to reason that higher in would equate to higher out. Having siad that, I've only used the 5mp so just a guess. FWIW, I like Vimeo better than youtube.

It would seem from the gopro site that the case is where the wide angle lens resides. Send them an email to be sure.

Could you sell the 3mp gopro and put the fundage toward the 5mp?

Swanny seems to be more of a camera junky than me. Maybe he will weigh in.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The wide and regular cameras are both different unfortunately. You can see it on their website out of the case, the fixed lens on the camera is different. The different case just has a larger opening for the wide lens.

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Well after pissing around it appears our camera is a deadburger anyway :(

Might be an opportunity to upgrade to the 5mp wide

BTW good vid boataboy420

1 - 12 of 12 Posts