Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ahhh Dan....if I would of actually seen this post when I posted my Phoenix post, as York is only a few miles from me. I could of shown you around! I apologize!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would have been good, sorry we didn't get to do it. I can't remember what I did Thurs., but Friday I rode to Voorhees NJ and got an 07 ST3 seat to try out. Hoping it works better than the 99 seat, from what everyone says.
Saturday it rained, and then I pulled out Sunday.
I did get to ride earlier in central PA., parked at a truck stop in Lamar. Next day I rode south of I80, it was wet and the roads were scary, slick glossy looking slightly off camber and peaked in the middle rather than crowned. I was at 10mph in the 10 mph corners for the first time in my life, I think. 3k rpm in third gear and the rear tire was spinning as I attempted to accelerate on the straight.
I went north as the roads got better for traction, up to 144 and 414 along Pine Creek. Great ride/scenery[forgot my camera], didn't see hardly any traffic. Had lunch at Grandmas Kitchen[Mansfield maybe]. Took 6 and did the Little Grand Canyon[it's all covered with trees] different than the big one. Stopped at Millers Motorcycle Salvage, he has some great old stuff in there. He was just finishing an Indian 1942 guzzi stlye V Twin with shaft drive, said 1000 of them were made for the army to use in the African campaign in the desert[Rommel and the guys]. I couldn't remember ever even seeing a photo of one. Lots of other old stuff also, mostly Harley, but worth a stop if you happen to be riding by.
Pine Creek is definitely worth a trip, just south of there stay in the center of the roadway. Horse drawn wagon frequent the right side of the roadway. Guess what that means[when you wash your bike].

1 - 3 of 3 Posts