Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Good video...

Nice one, thanks. Looks like a good time was had by all, except for the poor bloke who had to pick up the Guzzi.

What I wonder is how did they crash the Multi in the dirt without breaking a handguard? Mirror appeared to be scuffed, but otherwise not bad. I've gotta take a riding lesson from that guy :D

--Doc

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks for sharing.
I don't think any of us went out to buy the Ducati for off road riding, it's 17'' front hoop has limited that. Fire trails and the odd dirt road yah. There's no dought about it's road capability. If there looking for a KING well it has to be the GS, it does it all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wonder if they got one with a working rear brake? They did say how good the bakes were.

KTM is nice but that 34in+ saddle height is too tall for me.

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
Nice one, thanks. Looks like a good time was had by all, except for the poor bloke who had to pick up the Guzzi.
Really not a glowing review of the Stelvio...not much different than the first generation one I demo'd.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
haven't ridden a KTM, but i think the riders/reviewers were spot on in relation to the Stelvio (heavy) and Multi (one of the best riding bikes out there). having said that, i still think that Guzzi bikes are some of the most soul stirring out there (and contemplating buying another one...no, not a Stelvio).

fun video, thanks for sharing, Sock.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I think the BMW GS would be the true adventure bike. The KTM is great but its literally meant for off off-roading. Multi is the perfect transition bike from a superbike to a tourer.

·
Registered
602 Posts
SM,
Thanks for sharing.

Just a note for those who have the need to pick up a dropped bike. Turn your back to the bike, grab the handlebar and the rear grab-rail, and lift with your legs.

Also helps to extend the side-stand before lifting from the right side.

Ohio Motorcycle "How to Pick Up A Fallen Bike" - YouTube

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Great Vid. Wise men indeed....But
I had a Kato 990 ADV for a few years and yes it is significantly better off road than the MTS BUT the MTS is 9 thousand million times more comfortable on long rides. Better seat, better ergos, better everything for saddle time.

·
7,733 Posts
Thanks for sharing.
I don't think any of us went out to buy the Ducati for off road riding, it's 17'' front hoop has limited that. Fire trails and the odd dirt road yah. There's no dought about it's road capability. If there looking for a KING well it has to be the GS, it does it all.
Yes, it's not even called/referred to as an adventure bike by most moto-rags, ie it's an "open class" bike, and even Ducati referred to the original Multi as a new breed of "sport bike" so really, WTF were they thinking? :confused:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Turn your back to the bike, grab the handlebar and the rear grab-rail, and lift with your legs.
MUCH safer method physically.
You only have to lift it wrong once, and you're walking home in abject agony.
I've lifted a loaded MTS once now, and it's not too bad, if you're not too old...:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts