Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked on-line and on Ebay but can't find any really good sources for Dzus fasteners. I need the slip on type recepticle w/ the stand Dzus fasterner/ring. Any ideas?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nuggets said:
did you try this guy already? i got some from him and i thought it was a pretty good deal.
http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93205&perpage=20&highlight=dzus&pagenumber=1
Thanks.. that is a pretty good deal.. 6x = $20 vs the 3x = $15 that Lockhart and the rest of the online retailers sell for. I figured there had to be some deals on these things, there's not that much to them. $5/each seems crazy, and yes I Ducati OEM sells them for like $15 EACH!

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Those Dzus pins are a little shorter than what you will find on a Ducati. The base is a little narrower than the 748-998 type as well. The wider base of the Ducati Dzus fasteners don't pull through as easy on tight fitting fairings

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's actually a good thing since this race bodywork is quite a bit thinner than the stock bodywork. The standard Ducati Dzus fasteners didn't grab as tightly as I'd like them to.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
If I am not mistaken..the latch distance is the same on both. I think the pin is just a little longer to the catch easier...Add an extra plastic washer to either one to get it to close tighter...

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Go to MSCdirect.com and then do a search for quarter turn fasteners (dzus fasteners will get you nowhere). You will find a bunch of choices as far as stud reach, stud diameter and mount type. I have used these in the part and they are great. Just random prices I saw the studs are about $0.50 each and I think the mounts are about $0.61 each. You have to buy quantities of ten, but it winds up pretty cheap.

·
Registered
463 Posts
rearviewmirror said:
I've looked on-line and on Ebay but can't find any really good sources for Dzus fasteners. I need the slip on type recepticle w/ the stand Dzus fasterner/ring. Any ideas?
Nice avatar Rearview:D .

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
32 Posts
rearviewmirror said:
This guy is great!!! I ordered mine @ like midnight on Friday (Saturday morning) and they arrived in the mail on Monday! I highly recommend ordering from him. And they are the real Dzus fasteners, not imitations. Thanks for pointing out that thread to me.
Did you simply "PM" the guy on 13x forums or did you order them directly from Parts411.com?

Thanks ..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jmastrol said:
Did you simply "PM" the guy on 13x forums or did you order them directly from Parts411.com?

Thanks ..
I just ordered through is buy it now ebay auction from that forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts