Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes another jaunt.

Two of us had a couple of days to spare so we headed off up to Scotland. Now this was not your normal up the M6 route, oh no indeedy the route was as follows

From Atherton (Wigan)
to Bolton
to Houghton
to Samesbury
to Settle
to Ingleton
to Hawes
to Kendal
to Carlisle
to Dumfries
to Dalbeattie
finally ending up in Ayr

We never did a motorway at all & mostly B roads. We left @ 10am & arrived in Ayr @ 6pm.We found a B&B then went for a few beers & a ruby.

Day after on the return we chose a different route

Ayr
to Girvan
to Castle Dougles
to Newton Stewart
to Annan
to Gretna
to Ullswater
to Windermere
to Kirby Lonsdale
to Caton
through to Trough of Bowland
to Hurst Green
to Blackburn
Finally Bolton & Home

2 Days 600 odd miles, fucked................bike full of shit, but what a hoot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Thanks for posting Blackie.... looks like the weather is still pretty good. Bikes look sharp.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
That looked like fun... nice scenery and great sounding trip. I will do the over-night trip one day too, got to convince my buds.
What is the other machine? I feel like a noob but, looks sort of Yamaha-ish in the frame dept?
Oh yeah, whats a ruby? I am going to guess but I will wait to find out... more noob stuff!

Dave

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave

The other machine is an Aprilia Tuono, basically a mille without the fairing.

A ruby , is rhyming slang for a curry= "ruby murray"

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Oh cool... the Tuono's I have seen here have a smaller fairing and I seem to recall twin cans for exhaust. I am going to guess that one was modded?

Your ride was made even better with the ruby... I too like to dabble in the ring of fire club now and again!

I did join the UK site today too... pretty nice if I do say so!

Dave

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that Dave.

That is a mk1 Tuono before the twin can & smaller fairing arrangement. I think they changed at 2005, thats an 04

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Oh, didn't realize that... my bud has one of the newer ones I think '06 so that makes sense... I kind of like it that way too.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Great pics Dave, looks like you had a blast :) Canny beat a good scottish curry eh ?
Give us a shout next time, and we can have 2 Tounos and 2 SF's :yeah:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok mate , no worries. Planning another pilgrimage soon. I was quite surpised, Ayr town center has changed a bit since i was last there. Nice to see the fishing & shooting shop still there, t remember my dad buying me a knife for fishing in that shop when i was about 8.
Shame the harbour has gone to make way for flats(sorry luxury apts). Does the Waverley still sail ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts