Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking for my first Ducati and have my eye on a new 2006 Supersport 800. Local dealer quoted me $8843 OTD and I'm thinking that's pretty good after talking to other dealers.

What say you all?

Thanks in advance,

- Ryan

·
Registered
58 Posts
for me thats to high. but in your area it may be good. i think ducati upped the price 500$ over last year. msrp was 7995$ . so you may want to try to find a leftover new 05. if their firm on price make them throw in some extra's.

most people will tell you to get the 1000 or a used 900ss. but the 800ss is a very good bike. like all ducati's its about the total package not just raw power.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wad,

I think that you are dead on about the location. I do know that cars are insanely hard to get good deals on here.

I talked with two other dealers in within a couple hours and they didn't even budge from MSRP+800 setup+TTL = ~$10,000. One went so far as to tell me that if I could get that price, then I would be crazy not to and that he would take a loss to sell at that price.

The dealer did have one yellow 2005 that he just sold this last week. Fine by me since the yellow with silver frame just isn't my thing.

Anyway, I went and did the paperwork today and will pick up the bike next week on Tuesday or Wednesday (closed on Sunday and Monday). All in all I was happy with the dealer and have no complaints. Very professional compared to, say, some of the Honda and Kawi dealers that I visited lately.

Even if I could have gotten a bit lower, no biggie. If I was that concerned with spending a couple extra bucks, I woulda got the Honda! HAHA!!

Can't wait for next weekend! :)

- Ryan

·
Registered
58 Posts
congrats on the new bike. better order the ducati stage 1 kit while your at it!!
since your not worried about the money. hehe seriously get the stage 1

i have a red 800ss btw

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey rynoguru.

Not that it matters since you already went for it, but that's about what an 06 would go for in the Northeast. MSRP is $8495 according to my dealer and ducatiusa.com. And the setup fee is in the range of what I've heard people pay.

Best of luck with the new wheels and hope you have some nice weather!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts