Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm here in New Orleans, and not a lot of paint shops have opened back up. Trying to find someone familiar with Ducati paint jobs is even more difficult. I have a red mono rear and front that I would like to get the white number plates painted on. Is there anyone who knows of a good place fairly close?

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you want to consider decals as an alternative you can try Ad Graphics.
They do all types of vinyl applications (commercial/residential/personal) and I'm sure they could custom cut something like that for you.
Not sure of the cost though. But if you can wait a few days, I'm going to try and get my brothers 999 over there for the exact same job/estimate.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just looking for the white number plates on the tail section and nose with a copper pinstripe inside the border. I thought about doing the laminate or sticker stuff, but I have heard about problems with bubbling on installation, and also appearing later on, so I want to go with paint.

·
Administrator
7,137 Posts
You betcha!

Look for Shibbydevils paint job in the gallery.
I did that one too.
It is a dark blue with metallic fleck.
I hate the fleck stuff, but have to admit, once I shot the clearcoat, it was gorgeous.

I am currently painting my SS.
I have the Sharkskinz upper and lower.
It was for the track, so I had to cut out the headlight hole.
I have a Kaemna solotail.

What scheme am I working on?

Just like this.

·
Administrator
7,137 Posts
Hell yes.

The red is fluorescent.
I did not want another fluorescent as it fades so bad in Texas sun.
So I went with an apple red.

But anytime you want a paint job, just PM me.

And the Yammer belongs to the guy standing there.
He is my riding bud from work, and he LOVES his bikes look.
And this was not clearcoated over the decals, like most I do.

It still looks great!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The decals definitely look sharp, but I'm gonna go with the paint. I'm thinking about a set of skins for the track and that will be a decal deal. Rainman, that's a pretty sweet scheme, looking forward to seeing the SS when you get some finished pics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.