Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The former service guy "T" is back working there again. So I'm thinking the service should be good. Just a thought. They however haven't gotten through their change of ownership process yet.

·
Registered
145 Posts
2Lato said:
You take your bike all the way down there to get it serviced?
You bet you "ARSE" we do.. They know what they are doing. And bend over backwards to make it right...:D He has actually been back for quite a while now. His wife still works the parts counter... She {Margo} :cool: knows a "Sfjkdaljfkdl" load about Ducati's.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm new with Ducati's, so when you need work done you guys just ride down there and wait?? or what?? Thanks for the info..

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
there are several options actually....Coleman Powersports however is not one of the reccomended ones!....Winchester Motorsports is a decent one...DucPond Racing is an awesome one (though not a dealer-so no warranty work!)...Battley does decent work!...that should give you a few leads for starters 2Lato....what kind of bike do you have?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
2Lato said:
I'm new with Ducati's, so when you need work done you guys just ride down there and wait?? or what?? Thanks for the info..
They are 90 miles away from Springfield straight down 95. That's 1 hour 15 minutes for me. Not bad at all. That's like going to a track day. Margo knows what she's doing in parts and so does T in service.

One time I drove it down when I first got it for service and the other time they serviced it they picked it up. That was in the days when gas was cheap and pickup wasn't expensive. It wasn't in a ridable condition after my wreck so not much choice.

I don't think there are many motorcycle dealers where you are gonna wait around for repairs unless you're getting a state inspection, tire change or maybe oil change.

Winchester is alot closer to you than Richmond though. So you may want to check out Winchester motorsports or Ducpond.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The place changed hands a year ago. Mark was the owner, then after the change he was the Manager. Now he's long gone and I'm told he's out of the area.

It's tough to be a one-line dealership these days, especially Ducati.

·
Registered
111 Posts
thanks for the information....I think I'll check out the two you menitioned. I drive a 2004 749 d. Where is a good online performance shop?? WHichs ones do you guys use?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Well, I go up to BCM in Laconia, NH. Yes I know it's a long way to go but they treat me well. I've tried one local shop here in Virginia. The people at BCM are just a good fit with my personality and performance needs.

I make the trip once every 18 months. Gives me an excuse to get outta Dodge.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
2Lato said:
thanks for the information....I think I'll check out the two you menitioned. I drive a 2004 749 d. Where is a good online performance shop?? WHichs ones do you guys use?
depends on what you want to improve...Section8Superbike might be a start...because a bike that can't handle what's being put to it...just might not last long....kinda like the theory of cars of doing suspension before performance so that the chassis can handle the later more power and seductive mods.....you may also want to contact NCRick on here who is a certified and awesome suspension mechanic down in North Carolina not too far from Deal's Gap who is just awesome at what he does with bikes and how they handle!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts