Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather in North Carolina has been fantastic the last few days so I have been riding. That’s the good news. The bad news is that gasoline is still leaking out around the filler cap. I am not overfilling. I stop pumping before gas reaches the “collar” under the cap. After a ride I can open the cap and see gas in the second “well” and gas is dripping out of the overflow hose (and staining the engine case). I rode over to the dealership yesterday and talked to the service manager. He tells me that he has a new cap on order . . . but I don’t think the cap is the problem. The dealer removed the charcoal canister before I picked up the bike. Could that be the problem?

Other news:

(1) I bought a “comfort seat”. Yesterday was the first time that I have had to try it out. It's VERY comfortable and as an extra, added bonus, it looks good. The vinyl covering is two-tone gray and black.

(2) The two-into-two Termi’s are still on backorder. I think I’ve talked myself to running without baffles.

(3) I found a black and silver Vanson jacket that looks great with the bike. (Damn, I sound like my wife. “Do these shoes look good with my dress?”) It had been on the rack for a long time so they gave me a good price.

As you ride more keep an eye on your tank and see if gas is leaking!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Is the gas cap a dealer diagnostics to the leaking problem or is this a recommendation from Ducati?

Has anyone else experienced or heard of this problem, I will be taking delivery of my bike next month and if it is a problem I want to have it rectified first?

I think you will be ok with the fashion police, it a classic look and anything goes, just don't wear a dress with your riding boots.

·
Registered
28 Posts
leak

I removed the canister from my PS1000LE as soon as I got home from the dealer and I have had no problems with the tank leak (or anything else) as you have described.
Go to www.ducati.com, click on Ducati Service then Ducati Service again,then on parts list.When you look at the picture of the tank and its parts,you may find an aproach to solving the problem.
I suspect a missing or poorly installed O ring.
Please let us know how this plays out.

Paint

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dfox - It was a dealer suggestion.

Paint - I'm very glad to hear that yours does not leak - gives me hope that there is a fix - and thanks for the link to the parts catalogue. I checked it out and you might be right. It might be a bad "0" ring.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sorry about the gas leak, my Sports been fine as well so I hope it's an easy fix.

Post a picture of the seat on the bike when you get a chance, I'm curious to see one mounted.

·
Registered
34 Posts
geospencer said:
The weather in North Carolina has been fantastic the last few days so I have been riding. That’s the good news. The bad news is that gasoline is still leaking out around the filler cap. I am not overfilling. I stop pumping before gas reaches the “collar” under the cap. After a ride I can open the cap and see gas in the second “well” and gas is dripping out of the overflow hose (and staining the engine case). I rode over to the dealership yesterday and talked to the service manager. He tells me that he has a new cap on order . . . but I don’t think the cap is the problem. The dealer removed the charcoal canister before I picked up the bike. Could that be the problem?

Other news:

(1) I bought a “comfort seat”. Yesterday was the first time that I have had to try it out. It's VERY comfortable and as an extra, added bonus, it looks good. The vinyl covering is two-tone gray and black.

(2) The two-into-two Termi’s are still on backorder. I think I’ve talked myself to running without baffles.

(3) I found a black and silver Vanson jacket that looks great with the bike. (Damn, I sound like my wife. “Do these shoes look good with my dress?”) It had been on the rack for a long time so they gave me a good price.

As you ride more keep an eye on your tank and see if gas is leaking!

The full exhaust system... I have six of them in stock... order it online and i'll get it to you ASAP!!!!

http://store.proitalia.com/exhaust.html

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SamsonNg said:
The full exhaust system... I have six of them in stock... order it online and i'll get it to you ASAP!!!!

http://store.proitalia.com/exhaust.html
Thanks, but I've already ordered the two-into-two system from my local dealer. (They didn't ask for a deposit and I don't want to stick them with something they might not be able to sell right away.) They're pretty good guys and they gave me a good price . . . so this time I will stick with them.

However, I have been visiting your site and I really like what I see. I've already got your site bookmarked! (In fact I gave you guys a plug the other day. I recommended your website to someone who was looking for a Ducati jacket!)

I'm sure I will be buying from you in the near future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts