Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done watching Easy Rider for the first time and while I couldn't believe the ending and had the rewatch the closing scenes a few times it was a great movie.

I'm 25 and in my lifetime there hasn't really been any good motorcycle movies that i've seen. Maybe Mad Max, but thats more a car movie.

So for all you old farts and movie buffs out there what are some good motorcycle movies?

·
Señor Member
8,335 Posts
How about Billy Jack, there's some motorcycles in that movie. The World's Fastest Indian, seen that? On Any Sunday is classic.

"in God we trust"

·
Idiot Savant
1,187 Posts
I'm watching "Faster" right now for what has to be well over the 200th time and its still awesome. On Any Sunday is a good one too, granted both of those are more documentaries than "movies" but they're great enough for that detail to be irrelevant IMO.
"On Any Sunday" is my all time favorite cycle flick. It gives a pretty good, though now somewhat outdated, all around view of cycling. I've watched it so many times that I think the laser in my DVD player should be cutting it's way though the disk any day now. A lighthearted look at bikes that is good for the whole family.

I've heard good things about "Faster" but have not yet seen it. It is on my list to aquire and see.

"Easyriders" is also a long time favorite. I used to ride with a couple of guys who seemed to be stamped out of the mold used for this film. Pretty cool.

"The World's Fastest Indian" (stars Anthony Hopkins) is a great flick. It's based on a true story about an old fart from New Zealand trying to set the world land speed record on a Frankenstein'ed Indian.
Certainly not for everyone and not very fast paced but worth seeing.

"The Doctor, the Tornado, and the Kentucky Kid" (pretty much a sequel to "Faster"). Documentary style flick about a handful of hot young GP riders (Hayden, Edwards, Rossi) getting ready for and then running a MotoGP at Laguna Seca in 2005. Some cool footage shot from on bike cameras mixed in.

Enjoy

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I had forgotten on any given sunday. It was pretty good. Those guys doing the hill climb were crazy. I watched it a few weeks ago on Hulu.com if anyone wants to see it for free.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
"The Great Escape" had a good motorcycle scene with Steve McQueen doing his own stunt riding.

·
Registered
234 Posts
SPACE RIDERS A truly great movie on Grand Prix motorcycle racing. You really learn about the UJM in this movie. I think the best movie of Barry Sheene's career, there should have been a Oscar.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Another vote for Bruce Brown's "On any Sunday".

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Torque....

Ok, that movie was horrible...hmm....2nd matrix for it's 996 scene....+1 on the Long Way Down and Long Way Round movies....

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
World's Fastest Indian. Outstanding movie and fairly recent too. :)

Reactions: DaveK
561 Posts
Wow, you guy's are missing one of the BEST movies EVER ! "One man's dream" The John Britten story. I believe you can watch it on line now .....with a little research. I had the pleasure of visiting his house this year in NZ and am still in AW of his achievements not just in the motorcycle industry, but in his ability to build the house he lived in and a motorcycle at the same time .The motor on the bench is a 600 cc super single that produced 80 BHP at the countershaft, not bad for a mill built in 1995, and still unmached by ANY manufacturer thse days. The other is Kirsteen Britten. Note: the Fi system is on the wrong.......er..um....right side of the motor ?

Attachments

Reactions: egomexico

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
the 2 sequels to on any sunday,and fled if your a ducati fan

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
Big Fass and Little Halsey a 70's privateer motocross ending at early Sears Point, R. Redford & M. Pollack.

·
Senior Italophile
867 Posts
Big Fass and Little Halsey a 70's privateer motocross ending at early Sears Point, R. Redford & M. Pollack.

+1 excelent movie!

·
Senior Italophile
867 Posts
1 - 20 of 67 Posts