Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new to the boards. Once the rainy season ends I will purchase either a 05 or 06 749s. I'm really interested in knowing where I can find a good, reliable mechanic. I really like Moto Meccanica in Santa Rosa but that is a hike from Vacaville... well, could be a nice ride. They also sponsor AFM #80 Michael Aron, so I'd like to believe that means they know their stuff.

What are your experiences with mechanics around Sacramento?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hop over the hill through Napa and deal with Moto Mecchanica! They're a really good shop with lots of experience in parts, service and sales. I've got a friend in San Luis Obispo with a 999 who always orders stuff through them and when it comes time for a service, he'll be up for a visit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like one of thier service guys Eli. He was extremely helpfull and honest, which is something you get from a service guy and not a sales guy:) Munroe in San Leandro has been recommended to, any experience with them?

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Myself and many Duc owners up here take our bikes to Nichols Mfg. in Milpitas. Hands down the best service and fairest priced Ducati shop around. Ask anyone on Club Desmo. Call them and talk to Jim.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Nichols or Munroe Motors. They have two shops in the bay area, a little closer than Nichols, and I have had GREAT service from them. Great to work with too.

·
Registered
791 Posts
John said:
Myself and many Duc owners up here take our bikes to Nichols Mfg. in Milpitas. Hands down the best service and fairest priced Ducati shop around. Ask anyone on Club Desmo. Call them and talk to Jim.
Nichols barnone... but they are located in Milpitas which is a pretty good hike for you from Vacaville.

Another good shop is Desmoto Sport in SF. Scott and Lance are both good guys.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Not exactly mainstream, but I have a mechanic that I can't recommend enough. His name is JT, and he just did my valves, changed tires, and did a lot of general cleanup and bolt tightening on my '00 Monster 900.

All for $220. :D

Now I don't know where you will find a deal like that. He's in Fairfield right now, but he's moving at the end of the month. I think, but I'm not sure, he's moving to Placerville.

Really fun guy to hang out with.

You can catch him as "toothless" on kneeriders.com.

Tell him Russ sent you!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Apex MotoTech in Chico, Gary Newton is the man to talk to. Great service good rates. A++++
He lives breathes and sleeps DUCATI!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ghostdog said:
Apex MotoTech in Chico, Gary Newton is the man to talk to. Great service good rates. A++++
He lives breathes and sleeps DUCATI!
I just checked out his shop today. Really nice guy, and seems to know his Ducati's. Great prices on service too, best I've found so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts