1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
And he should give it to FabDildo for keeping his championship hopes alive :(

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I am sure Haga is a bit surprised to leave this weekend still in the lead for the championship but I give him credit for even riding with the injuries he has. I've done major damage to a shoulder and it was six months healing time before the Doc would let me ride again after the two surgeries. (I rode a little without his knowledge...;)..but he wouldn't have been happy) Of course I wasn't being paid large sums of cash to ride........:D

As for Fabrizio.......I don't think it was that big of deal really.....I'm sure Spies has a different opinion but the kid rides aggressive and was going for it. Might have been a little early in the race to go for it like that but he will learn with some time under his belt. It didn't help him out any either.......

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Fabrizio fucked up. Hey, it happens. He tried his best to show Spies how stupid he felt, and showed some true sportsmanship in the process. Spies shunned him, and I completely understand his reaction. I can imagine what was going through his head as he stomped over to the Ducati paddock after the crash..."Oh, so Haga is hurt, I'm looking to take the championship lead, so you send your #2 guy to take me out!"

Obviously ridiculous, but in the heat of the moment, I can imagine it. I wonder how that conversation went?!?

I believe Fabrizio is thrilled to find himself in the thick of the championship hunt. Unfortunately, he made a bone-head mistake. It cost Spies dearly, but it also cost himself.

I can't help but to like the guy. After seeing his poor, inconsistent performance in the past couple of years, to seeing him standing on the pit wall cheering on Bayliss as he crossed the finish line to claim his championship, to now seeing him become a no-shit contender...well, he is fun to watch.

I agree, though, that Haga is a monkey fightin' ironman!

·
9,757 Posts
I don't think any rider (much less Fabrizio) would risk possible injury or death by purposely wiping out on a track full of motorcycles doing 200+ km/h just to take out their teamate's championship rival (especially with so many races left in the season). Fabrizio is trying to catch Spies in the points and he rode in over his head.

If it was down to the last race of the season between Haga and Spies, and Fabrizio pulled the same maneuver while having no chance of winning the title himself, then maybe such questions about sportsmanship and honesty would be valid.

Bonehead maneuvers happen. I mean look at Pedrosa taking Hayden out in 2006.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
I agree, Fabrizio messed up and he knows it. Ben will get over being mad but it may take a while. Haga is absolutely totally holy shit amazing riding that well that hurt.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
I as off the web over the weekend and couldn't believe Haga was still in the lead. Sure Michel gave him a huge inadvertent helping hand but 8th and 6th is amazing especially after qualifying 14th.

I have a special insight right now as I happen to be recovering from a fractured scapula (that required surgery) and the amount of pain and discomfort is quite remarkable. To push that hard a month after his crash is impressive stuff!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's funny, because the same thing happened to Nori last year- when Max took him out from behind on a aggressive move...we never heard anymore about. That's racing.. doesn't matter how or who it happens too, it happens!
Finally Haga is getting some of the luck that normally hurts his title hopes.. Now it will come down to who wants it more.. In the history of racing the only person who has any right to B!tch about a move like that, is Nicky when his team mate took him out while fighting for the title...all others fall victim to the racing gods!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts