Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am newish to the forum. I havnt been able to post because I never introduced myself. I am part of a few Facebook groups. I am the proud owner of a 2013 hypermotard. I try to make some of my own parts using billet aluminum, delrin and carbon fiber. I am a man who tries to do anything and everything myself. Anyways, I am happy to be here.

·
Administrator
13,029 Posts
Welcome! After a year of being here it is about time to you posted up. :D

Let's see some of those parts you are making...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still trying to figure out how to post here. It looks like I need to check the tab next to do anything. That has been my whole "hold-up' with contributing. Lol. First up are my front axle sliders made of delrin with a recessed aluminum hex head posts . I made them to resemble the motivations but made some adjustments. No threaded rod sticking out the end(left pics are motivation. Right are mine)

Next up is a shifter arm I made. The piece started out as the cheap Chinese lever but i made a billet arm and modified the rocker. I also drilled and tapped the foot peg for some grub screw cleats. The placement of them maintain the structural integrity and also allows me to pop the rubber I set back in. The cleats are low enough that the rubber sits higher when the 2 are together.

Next is a quick throttle lock.

Them some car on fiber pieces I made. Not perfect but I'm happy with my first attempts. I am using wet lay up over a form with vacuum bagging, release film, absorbent matt and heat. Then separate the piece, trim and finish the piece.

Then there are my Strada bags. I like my Shift-tech exhaust turned up. Because its turned up the exhaust gasses hit the bag and melt it. I heated up the bag and pressed a cylinder into it them made a carbon fiber plate to cover the Indentation and add a little pizzazz

There are a few other things but that's some of the stuff

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts