Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they should arrive today. Getting the same exact pad type as I currently have. Ferodo CP911*'s for my cast iron front rotors. Is there any need to do any cleaning other than normal cleaning of the rotors with brake cleaner? Meaning scuffing the rotors or using a Scotchbrite pad. I need to look up how to "bed" the pads in. My track day I guess can be used for that. Also what type of cleaning do you do of the calipers? I assume the main areas to clean maybe are hte piston and piston bore? I'll look in the Haynes and the service manual tonight but I remember reading what some people so is put a light coating of brake fluid or something in the bore. Also I seem to remember something about not cleaning the piston with brake cleaner. Just looking to see what's the correct thing

·
Registered
407 Posts
grendels_arm said:
they should arrive today. Getting the same exact pad type as I currently have. Ferodo CP911*'s for my cast iron front rotors. Is there any need to do any cleaning other than normal cleaning of the rotors with brake cleaner? Meaning scuffing the rotors or using a Scotchbrite pad. I need to look up how to "bed" the pads in. My track day I guess can be used for that. Also what type of cleaning do you do of the calipers? I assume the main areas to clean maybe are hte piston and piston bore? I'll look in the Haynes and the service manual tonight but I remember reading what some people so is put a light coating of brake fluid or something in the bore. Also I seem to remember something about not cleaning the piston with brake cleaner. Just looking to see what's the correct thing
Check out Brake Tech's website (FAQ section) for answers to these questions. Also, I much prefer the Ferodo XR pads for the ductile iron rotors...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts