Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was -9 below zero this morning. I understand that in Minnesota it is suppose to get cold - in the winter. But this is March 12! So where ever you are, enjoy your ride, because we can't ride here.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am up in the Lino Lakes area, north of Mpls & St. Paul. There are a lot of nice roads around Rochester and into Wisconson.

·
Mr Leakered
8,811 Posts
Here, it was somewhere in the higher 20s this morning. Cold is relative, but being able to ride in it makes it kind of acceptable. I'm looking forward to warmer weather nonetheless. Continually using four layers is getting annoying.

The only time I've experienced negative temps, I was in college. I can imagine that a car wouldn't be any fun in negative temps.

Just think, the folks in Fla are starting to consider that soon it is going to get too hot to ride. ;)

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
+15 F here right now, with a high in the 30's today and chance of snow in the afternoon. So I won't be riding today either.

Next week it's supposed to be near 70 though. :D

Debby

·
Registered
263 Posts
Almost rode today (50*F this morning in SoCal), then I realized that I had to bring some furniture to the office.

In retrospect, I think I would have been able to tie down an office chair on the back of my Multistrada...

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,572 Posts
You either have the fortitude to live up here and deal with winter in exchange for clean air, low crime rates, low cost of living and killer mountain roads, or you don't.

Yeah, it really sucks up here. Stay away.

·
Mr Leakered
8,811 Posts
Black ice isn't black on a cycle. The angles between the rider, headligh, and road reveal it pretty well. I've found 14F to be my limit. Heated grips loose their effectiveness and toes get cold.

Have a good one.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
You either have the fortitude to live up here and deal with winter in exchange for clean air, low crime rates, low cost of living and killer mountain roads, or you don't.

Yeah, it really sucks up here. Stay away.
Ohh, don't get me wrong, I miss winter's constant negative temp's, spring's almost constant rain, summers ridiculous, over-the-top heat, fall's pretty colors and then back to snow in late October through April. The climate is changing very quickly, New England had the two worst winters on record last year and this year. My parents, most of their friends and relatives are all seriously contemplating moving to a warmer climate. Its hard on older people because one slip down a driveway, could lead to a broken hip or worse. My grandma passed away because she kept on falling and getting infections, but never took care of them because she didn't know how bad they were. By the time they moved out of town, it was too late, she died not much after.

Weather and climate, shouldn't hinder a persons abilities to do what he/she wants at any given day. Whenever I move to Europe, I'll have to live with poor weather again and learn how to ride in the rain, but having lived here for 6 years, going on 7... I can say I've lived in a place you could go ball's-out crazy in the canyons any day of the week. Plus, California does have some of the best mountain roads in the US, they're gorgeous! ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Black ice isn't black on a cycle. The angles between the rider, headligh, and road reveal it pretty well. I've found 14F to be my limit. Heated grips loose their effectiveness and toes get cold.

Have a good one.
Riding on black ice here in CT is what put an end to my winter riding. Trust me, it's black on the interstate.

·
Registered
204 Posts
-4 here this morning but at least we're on the back side of winter and I'll be able to haul the bikes out of storage in a couple more weekends. Clean air...miles of great mountain roads and no traffic makes the wait worth it.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts