Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who are smaller, I wanted some opinions. I'm 5'2 and want to go on longer trips. I was curious what you have found to be the most comfortable. The S2R I just bought has clip-ons, which with my size I feel will only make it more uncomfortable being stretched out more. I'm just curious what people have found to help out. I am thinking of trying it with the clipons for a bit, but may go to a normal bar and risers, as I would assume that would be the most comfortable?

·
Registered
22 Posts
In my experiance after a good 2 hour ride, the more monotonous the better for this, you'll find out what hurts and what doesn't to help determine what you need to change.

Everybody rides and fits different so it's hard to predict but once you know what hurts ask and suggestions can be made on what to try.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 96 m900 and clip ons actually improved the feel of the bike to me! I'm 6'2" and with the stock bars on it I found myself in an upright position that actually hurt my hips but with the clip ons I'm more stretched out and not as painful. However like the post above me says just gotta find what works best for you!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
In my experiance after a good 2 hour ride, the more monotonous the better for this, you'll find out what hurts and what doesn't to help determine what you need to change.

Everybody rides and fits different so it's hard to predict but once you know what hurts ask and suggestions can be made on what to try.
Good advice here. I have made a couple 1,000 mi. days on Supersports and agree that you won't know what needs changing until you test it. Our bodies and tolerances are pretty different.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
I've ridden my Monster now on two x-european trips:

1) from Amsterdam (Netherlands) to Bucharest (Romania)

friggin excellent roads in Romania:D:D

2) from Bucharest to Copenhagen (Denmark)

With a tank bag, I rest myself on the tank and held on to the bars.

Not really a touring bike though with its stiff suspenders. Not comfy in comparison to the Multi.

G

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Ive found that few bikes really cause no pain when riding. My problem was always something hurting and it still is. Havent ridden one in which either my legs or my wrists or my neck wouldnt hurt. For example, my SF has clip ons and my arse was not a problem or my hips but my wrists and my neck were a big problem. (my neck is disfigured since I had a motorcycle accident a couple years back and never got fixed.) On the other hand when I ride my monster my arse feels like its gonna come up my mouth. Since there is no presure in the wrists all of it is in the butt. Now with my panigale its a balance between the two. A little bit of butt pain and a little bit of wrist pain. I think that if the monster were to have a softer seat it would work a lot better. Just ride and ride and eventually your body will tell you that its not good somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts