Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went and did it I got my first Ducati it's a 900 SS 1996. It is a beautiful bike, but it is slow. Yea, I said slow I'm going to sell it and put the money in my 1980 GS1100EX, now that is one hell of a bike. Anyone interested E-mail [email protected]. At least when I tried a two-lunger it was not a harley!!!! :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
Maybe you should post this in the classified section

·
Registered
406 Posts
Don't waste your money

Don't waste your money on the 1100. If old school is the way you want to go. Get the 1150. MUCH better bike.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
lol - another completely misinformed ducati buyer

*shakes head*

but it says DUCATI on it, it MUST be fast!

·
Registered
58 Posts
i real motorcyclist wouldnt be so worried about how fast it is. its more about the experiance. on any brand. why not keep both?

besides did i miss the statment that ducati made stating they are drag bikes? ridden well they can be fast along with pretty much every other bike.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
apaprently the guy got into a Ducati based on all the hype and didn't bother to do any research first

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
valgon said:
Well, I went and did it I got my first Ducati it's a 900 SS 1996. It is a beautiful bike, but it is slow. Yea, I said slow I'm going to sell it and put the money in my 1980 GS1100EX, now that is one hell of a bike. Anyone interested E-mail [email protected]. At least when I tried a two-lunger it was not a harley!!!! :eek:
since it is sooo damn slow....I'll give ya $500 bucks for it!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Don't listen to Zoom... those 96 models are pieces of Shyte.. You'll be lucky to even get a wrecker to not charge you to take it away.. I'll organise a bloke I know who'll pick it up from you.. his name is BEAR.. leave the keys in the letterbox... it's your only way out of the terrible mess you are now in..

I pains me to read about people who get into this situation. NOW, lets NEVER speak of this again.

Mal

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
so I Emailed the guy...and I asked...
Zooom said:
So…where is the bike located….do you have pictures…what is the title status….and what are you asking for it?
and he replied..
valgon said:
it is a 1996 900SS W/31,000 miles Had the top-end done in 2003 at 30,000 it is in cleveland Wi. 1hr north of Milwaukee. title clear, excepting offers already got offered $4000. It is stock except for mirrors taken off and it has a handle bar mirror on the left side. I took the bike out to the country and it was alot better then my early city rides, it is made for the back roads I quess.
and here's the pic he enclosed....which to me makes the right side look like its been down by the missing decals,missing bar end,no clutch cover and some sort of maybe possible crack towards the lower front of the right bargeboard....but maybe I am mistaken?!?!?!...you decide for yourself!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
IMO - the guy needs to go back to his kawiyamizukiduh and be happy around town. ;)

·
Administrator
6,191 Posts
The bike has been down.
Front lower is scratched.
Rims don't match.

It needs to be buried.
I will be happy to take it off his hands for 50.00.
And give it a PROPER burial!(in my garage)

LOL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts