Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Going 2 up on the rear sprocket

8K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  bpkeen 
Going two up in the rear is better than going 14t up front. With 14t your chain is going rub on the swing arm, especialy if you rais the rear of your Monster. Once I make up my mind on color I'm going to up in the rear and reinstalling my 15t.

Good luck.
nobody does the rear b/c all you have to do for 14t is $30, while going rear usually means a new chain along with the sprocket $$

my dealer didn't hesitate due to any concern about chain rub and like most people i have had no problems. IMO before you do the rear sprocket and new chain, save yourself the money and experiment with 14t front first.

it's only a 6% changed to your gearing but it really makes the bike feel immediate, with "no slack" so to speak.

for commuting it's a dream come true!! i don't joy ride much, but noticed the other days while doing the twisty roads that, although gearing was still easy (this baby pulls from way down low anyway) there was a noticable buzz in the handlebars, which i don't really recall from previous back road trips??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.