Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Not to jinx your sale by any means but this bike will need to undergo an inspection at the CA DMV since it's never been titled in our state before. I agree that the sticker you show here should satisfy the inspector and I do know they do not require smog testing like we need to do every other year for cars/trucks but this sticker tells the inspector that there is an oxygen sensor. For the after market pipes/airbox/ECU set-up, the oxygen sensor is removed from the header and plugged with a bung. Your buyer could encounter a situation where the inspector can see that the sensor has been removed. It's easy ...just look underneath at the header pipe that sits below the fairing and there it is (or should be). If he/she is savvy enough, they'll call this out and then the OE stuff will need to be put back on to pass. Probably won't happen but it's a possibility. I know that the OHV rangers look for this stuff on dirt bikes as many people remove the emissions equipment, get randomly pulled over in the OHV areas, get scrutinized for improper emissions equip., and bikes impounded. Like someone else said above, CA has a major hard on for vehicles here having the proper emissions control stuff and these inspectors and rangers know that many riders swap out the OE stuff for after market.
If the sale go through I will be sending the original exhaust, ecu, and airbox with it. Buyer will need to source an oxygen sensor as I don't have it.

·
Registered
06' ST3
426 Posts
If the sale go through I will be sending the original exhaust, ecu, and airbox with it. Buyer will need to source an oxygen sensor as I don't have it.
Used O2 sensors are fairly readily available on eBay for about 30 bucks. I might even have mine in storage that your buyer can have for free ...need to go check but I typically keep all of those original parts. I'm not too far south of Anaheim.

Reactions: Elbato

·
Registered
194 Posts
Come’in from California! Two and a half months and I finally got my Ontario plate.
Good luck with the sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
comrade moderator
27,403 Posts
Ya know, I'm really looking forward to a day when a Northeast Meet can happen in beautiful Ontario, Canada and we can meet some of ya'll!

·
Super Moderator
5,509 Posts
I don't think Canada allows for the passing of farm implements on a double yellow. :unsure: That might pose a problem for some. :ROFLMAO:

Count me in...about time we took this NEECM on the road!

·
Registered
194 Posts
The land border is open soon and that meet idea has merit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stick
21 - 26 of 26 Posts