Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my 2002 Bostrom 998S today in the warm southern California sun today. Got lots of looks, the bike ran perfect, sounded perfect. I love this bike! Thanks for letting me vent. :)

Flash

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Thanks for sharing and I took my 999R out today as well. Been riding the Multi on longer runs and forgot how excellent the R suspension and package really is. There are two guys and friends who have Bostroms up here. Its fun when they take them out together, it would be even more fun to muster as many together in a given region for a group ride. I've always liked the Bostrom, what a beautiful bike in person. Its getting late, I think I'll hit it and break out the 2001 WSBK review on DVD and watch BBoz win five in a row. A book can be written about that and the events in his racing life afterwards. Those were the good old days. Only one problem, the co-announcer that year was the most annoying make me barf announcer of all time. Worst than Charlie Cox, I think it was Cox and Steve Parrish who were teamed up in 02 on. I think the guy's name in 01 was Leigh Diffey.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
naww, I ride all the time and to work everyday. But the Ducati ride comes less frequently and is especially nice.

Flash

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
I went riding today with about 12 of my Harley riding friends from work. I rode the Monster. I looked every where for a medium sized Rebel flag to wear as a dew rag around my helmet but couldn't find one. Boy, talk about being a duck out of water. But I had fun anyway. And yes, I got a lot of looks at the biker hang outs we stopped at :)

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Man, it almost seems like you guys ride as a luxury on "rare" occasions. Come on now! :D

Though I will admit, yesterday was a nice day to be ridin', today is gonna be back in the 90's and I'm fortunate enough to be ridin' my bitch bike (749R) today, WOOT! Fontucky, here I come! :abduct:

Pushing 20K miles on my '02 Bayliss. I bought it one year ago with 15K on it. Going to WV in a couple weeks.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
naww, I ride all the time and to work everyday. But the Ducati ride comes less frequently and is especially nice.
Awww... got ya! That "special" ride when you can relax and well... relax! :eek:

I did that today, not much relaxing, lots of getting angry at noobs in my way.

Yep, it was another raping of the 749R at the track today, boy she take's a lickin' and keeps on... well... lets just say she's workin' for now. :D

Met another guy with a 749R today, pitted with'em. Nice lad, rides his bike all the time, it was nice to see another 749R at the track, rare they are!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
I've gotten to the point to ignore (no offense to others) the jabs about not getting your bikes out there and riding them more. As much as I like to ride, it has to be right and I don't want to overdo it and leave the family thinking I care more about riding than I do about them. In my case now, my kids are more or less out of the house, so they don't count. My situation is a little different since I had to overcome over two years of rehab, operations, etc as a result of a crash. So, I have to take it easy and I actually feel I'm on riding probation. I also have to consider my wife had to work real hard taking care of me, that wasn't easy and I wouldn't want to do it. One more strike and I'm out, my riding style is now much more conservative and selective. Certain quirks post accident: I don't ride during hot weather, I will ride the Multi during cold weather now that I have heated gear (great stuff), I prefer group rides but get out there now and then alone for some solace and peace. When I do a group ride its me in the back now and that doesn't bother me in the least. Being a big shot before is exactly why I crashed so I blame my damn ego for that.

I've broken down riding into two styles/facets. One is I've taken on sport touring and I love it. Thanks to the guys on Ride Tales for that. In fact I made my first post in Ride Tales recently and hope to do more and to encourage others to sport tour as well. I'm not inclined to adventure tour, again that takes time away from home and I feel a little guilty if I were to take off and do epic runs alone, as much as I think that would be outstanding to do. However, for the first time since my accident my wife has shown approval of me pursuing sport touring. The fact the Multistrada looks less "fast and dangerous" compared to the 999R might have something to do with it. She knows that I'm my own worst enemy and the Multi would have more of a calming effect on my riding. I think this is where she is coming from and I can't disaggreed with that.

The second riding style is the break out of the 999R from its launch pad in the garage. The bike comes out when the mood is a little on the devilish side, although I'm aware of all this and the subsequent ride is tame. Even if I only take it out for an hour, when I bring it back I give it the full once over with quick shine and a micro cloth. I love detailing my bikes, its therapy for me and actually look forward to getting them a little dirty so I can clean them up later. On these kinds of rides I purposely leave my kneepucks at home, doing this is my psychological speed governor, especially in the twisties. I swear it works.

For those naysayers about not taking garage queens out riding more often, theres more to it than what meets the eye.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Today was a beautiful day to... play on the bike. So I met a buddy, we rode Ortega Hwy, stopped and ate... Then rode to the beach and then back to our respective pads.

I ride everyday....!
I don't own a car, the wife does (our troop transporter)
cars suck...!
I have 3 bikes and I ride the crap outta them!

CARS SUCK....
oh...

Thank God for So Cal weather!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Here here. I have 4 kids, oldest will turn 13, youngest will be 6. I just finally got to the point where I can leave the kids to themselves and not worry like hell about it. Plus I worked a lot of hours when I had a job. I like to ride, I respect those who can ride 10000 miles a year, but I am not one of those.

Plus, midwest weather sucks total ass.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Flash
i googled for a pic. wow! just beautiful. fortunate to have it still in the garage. i've sold some bikes that i wish i had kept, if even just for the occasional sunday ride.

so what is the bike that gets the daily duty?

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
The bike comes out when the mood is a little on the devilish side, although I'm aware of all this and the subsequent ride is tame. Even if I only take it out for an hour, when I bring it back I give it the full once over with quick shine and a micro cloth. I love detailing my bikes, its therapy for me and actually look forward to getting them a little dirty so I can clean them up later. On these kinds of rides I purposely leave my kneepucks at home, doing this is my psychological speed governor, especially in the twisties. I swear it works.
If you've got time to wash/shine and micro cloth your bike, umm... you're not riding enough! LOL :rolleyes:

J/K ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you've got time to wash/shine and micro cloth your bike, umm... you're not riding enough! LOL :rolleyes:

J/K ;)
that's funny - i'd be in the 'infrequent' or 'wus' category as i ride for fun - i don't ride to work often at all, i usually ride on the weekends.... taking her to work is a pain as i wear shirt / tie so i gotta change plus, i don't like leaving her out all day - i just worry - twice i've caught people sitting on her and its common for cars to bump a parked bike..

ok Tye - i got the week off - lets ride this week - anyone else in so cal wanna ride? (if so, email me so we don't use this thread for that)

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
I live on my 848, going to work, lunch, clients locations, grocery shopping, the works... Everyone knows me as "blue boots" because I always wear my blue sidi boots! LOL :rolleyes:

Last time I went on a "fun" ride was last year, when I first bought my 848. We got to know each other a bit and once she took my abuse and kept the smile on my face goin', I knew we were made for each other. :rolleyes:

I spend too much time on the race track to have fun on streets. I get the occasional boy racer who wants to do some light-to-light racing with me. Thats a total joke, nobody realizes how good of a starter I am, so thats no fun. Canyons are off-limits, so there goes all the other fun. I mean, the 848 isn't much of a cruising bike, but its a great bike to get into trouble with and thats how I ride. If I wanted to cruise around for fun, I'd buy a BMW K series. :D

Ummmm... Kaaaaaay LOL :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
well i consider going to the store or visiting friends 'fun' i do take her on errands ... also if you ride w/ me, that would be 'fun' so there you go... and i promise not to 'race' you.... unless 'frankie' (yes, that's her name) wants to - then i have no choice.... but i promise not to tell the board if we take you... :)

in my experience, at a light: japanese sportbike riders typically give me thumbs up but sometimes (not often) they take off and wheelie or hit the redline for some reason - maybe its cool or something - harley riders usually ignore me initially but if they see me nod they return it ... cars sometimes speed up to catch me but i think its to look at the bike... i've had like 3 harley riders comment 'isn't it uncomfortable leaning over like that' - and my short response is 'no - its easier to turn in that way' - my long, cheeky response is 'well my bike is designed for racing, it goes fast, stops fast, turns well, - your bike is designed w/ the sole purpose of being cool - it doesn't go fast, doesn't stop fast, its heavy, doesn't turn well, and is less reliable - so whose bike doesn't make sense?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts