Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you use?, we have our camera now and just wondered who used what on the bike itself.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I use the handlebar type mount. I do mount it to the bars but I can also mount it on the frame facing backwards or forwards, works great. The suction cup works but I'm always afraid it will let go.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Have never had a problem with the suction cup mount over hundreds of miles.

b

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use the handlebar type mount. I do mount it to the bars but I can also mount it on the frame facing backwards or forwards, works great. The suction cup works but I'm always afraid it will let go.
Brilliant for a tube frame as well, I like that, I wondered about the suction cup and a possible failure.

·
Registered
592 Posts
i just bought 2 sets of mounts for mine,

the seat post mount for mountain bikes is awesome for handlebars and frames. there is a guy in Perth on ebay that sells them for $35, you can get a grab bag of mounts for 35 as well that has 2 helmet curved mounts, bars, 2 flat mounts etc.

they are REALLY good at the price. getting a few extender bars would be good to get the camera into some good positions.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've yet to use the sticky mounts. I'm too lazy to deal with the mess I imagine would be left after removal to even try them.

I have had a loss of suction event. It occured after leaving the suction mount attached in the same spot on the bike for several weeks. Fortunately, this occurred when the bike was on its side stand at an overlook on the BRP. The camera tumbled harmlessly to the gound.

A few weeks after this, I reattached the suction cup to the bike and shot this footage and was going to shoot other angles to edit into something more watchable. However, I had left one of the tension knobs loose and it had vibrated badly enough to entirely dissapear right after I turned the camera on. Amazingly, the camera stayed on the bike until I noticed it missing. You can actually see me do a double take with my head shortly before I stop the bike. That was the first time I noticed it.

I think the images are pretty good considering the level of vibration and I'm not really afraid of the suction mount.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The sticky mounts use 3M acrilic adhesive that should not leave anything behind. Trust me, i sell the stuff every day. I used one of the sticky mounts on my helmet, one on the rear black tail fairing and actually used the "vented helmet mount" on my handlebar clamp. I really like this becuase I can face the cam forward or back towards me. I think these three give plenty of cool angles. Id like to get the seatpost mount to attach to the frame too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts