Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, while it pleases me to join this forum (I own an 09 Ducati 696), it's quite embarassing that my first post has to be this.

In my infinite wisdom, I kicked my right taillight dismounting the bike, and broke it clean off.

What is the best glue to use to put it back on? It'd be plastic on plastic gluing.

·
Castle Anthrax
203 Posts
I have always had the best results with 2 part liquid epoxy that you mix, apply to one side of the cleaned, broken surface- reassemble and clamp with tape or rubber bands until dry/hard. That stuff should never come apart again.

Had to fix our daughter's Kawasaki 250R turn signal this way.

Good luck,
John

·
Registered
312 Posts
+1 for the two part epoxy.

You could also use plastic welder.

Nothing a local hardware store can't help you with

·
Registered
15 Posts
Both my tail lights broke off when the temperature dipped into the 30's in November and I grazed them. I think the low temp compromised the plastic integrity. I glued with superglue, but yeah one broke off since them, so I'll try the epoxy.

I checked with the Ducati dealers and they used to replace these under warranty( 2009 696) but no longer do it. The dealer said he sees these broken off very often.

I'm still puzzled why Ducati can not make these like the Japanese bikes that have a flexible mount that bends but does not break.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts