Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An update for those of you that remember this person. After all these years he contacted me and refunded 550 Euros for the carbon fiber seat that I never received. He had always stated he was a victim and had run into financial difficulties as a result of this, he has gone out of his way to contact me and refund my money and has shown me he is an honest person and I thank him..

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
11,039 Posts
Wow. That's very good news. He was persona non grata around here for a long time. It's nice to see him make things right.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Glad to hear. He was a talented guy at what he did, just not so much with the communication part of it.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Amazing. Never in a million years would I have thought this would happen!
But I’d still have to think long and hard before ever placing an order with him.
Glad you got your funds back.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
This is good news for 67ratrag BUT... how many of our brothers here does he still owe? One refund is a nice gesture but I want to know when he will clean up his mess with everyone else.

·
Registered
943 Posts
This is good news for 67ratrag BUT... how many of our brothers here does he still owe? One refund is a nice gesture but I want to know when he will clean up his mess with everyone else.
Actually he reached out to me out of the blue a while ago and refunded my payment. So I’m guessing he’s working on it, as opposed to many businesses and people who would just declare bankruptcy and not try to correct past debts.

·
Premium Member
1976 900SS , 2007 Sports Classic 1000S, 2017 939 SS
204 Posts
I'm glad you posted. It seems like he had a good product at a too good to be true price?.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have been pretty brutal over the years with my criticism of him and I once offered him an apology that proved premature. I hope that I will need to reissue that apology because he cleaned up his act with everyone here. After a life in the cut throat music biz it's not very often that people surprise me and I hope he is one who does.

·
Registered
661 Posts
FWIW, I just recently ordered his airbox for the hypermotard and the transaction went very smoothly and his communication was impeccable both before and after the sale.

I wonder how much the culture of doing business in Italy vs the USA has to do with it.

Anyone who has done business in China knows how different cultures have vastly different baseline expectations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
FWIW, I just recently ordered his airbox for the hypermotard and the transaction went very smoothly and his communication was impeccable both before and after the sale.

I wonder how much the culture of doing business in Italy vs the USA has to do with it.

Anyone who has done business in China knows how different cultures have vastly different baseline expectations.
Hi was wondering do you have his contact details, trying to track him down but not easy, i was told to find him on FB and i found one guy same name, and his FB looked like the guy but he hasn't got back to me in 5 days

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread, but it's much more recent than this one that spanned a few years, and I am hoping to hear some more recent experiences: Star.ace seat: You can stop stop believing now. | Page 8 | Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

I'm trying to source some lower fairings for a Paul Smart and was contacted by Starace after I posted in a couple of the Facebook SC groups. Seems like a nice guy, but I remembered his name from the above thread. His work seems to be top notch, and I'm really tempted to take a chance on the solo seat and other parts he's developed. If anyone here's bought anything from him in the last couple of months, please chime in here or PM me with your experience. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2007 SC Monoposto, 2019 BMW R nineT
44 Posts
I'm also keen to hear experiences. He posts regularly on Instagram but I'm not sure how to actually buy his stuff. He said to reach out on FB but I didn't hear back and that doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

·
Super Moderator
1,376 Posts
I bought an airbox for my Hypermotard last spring. Quick summary:

-it was supposed to be shipped on April 28th and delivered April 29-30th - I bought it only because he promised it would be delivered quickly ("one in stock")...
-no tracking code provided, a bunch of excuses, silence, more excuses, no tracking code
-May 14th I got a tracking code with more explanations about Fedex
-airbox was delivered May 19th
-quality is OK but in my opinion not great. Front coil mount is just a pair of rivnuts that sit on the curved carbon so they are completely misaligned (see pic). The oil breather and overflow hose connections aren't reinforced so the panel thickness is too thin for the original hoses to fit firmly. The filter frame isn't very sturdy either and the tiny screws don't put much pressure on it to seal the filter properly
-after all the hassle with the airbox delivery he promised me a discount on carbon valve covers which he apparently "found" after all that
-when I asked about them (multiple times) eventually they were not available again
-he's currently advertising the covers again and they were supposed to be available last month, but no reply once again when I asked about them (even though he's online every day)

Some people would get annoyed with him very quickly.

·
Registered
2007 SC Monoposto, 2019 BMW R nineT
44 Posts
@jusutus thanks for the detailed experience breakdown. Will hopefully ride up to finland this year so perhaps I’ll see you blasting down the highways somewhere!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The only thing I know about Star.ace is from this forum. I believe in second chances but I would be weary of sending any money upfront...or even before I received anything from him and good luck with anyone sending you something before it has been paid for. I never ordered anything from him myself but it seems to me he doesn't understand the word communication. Really sucks because most of the products that I have seen from him were very well done. Unfortunately, the quality of the airbox jusutus posted doesn't look so great??

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
You can see an earlier reply by me above and as far as I know he still owes either money or product to several of our fellow members. For YEARS! MotoFiend mentioned he is poor at communication. What he is poor at is basic HONESTY. There is NO excuse for his lies and business practices. None. In my opinion he is, no matter how talented, still a crook and a thief and you will likely receive what you deserve (nada...) if you attempt to do biz with this chump.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts