Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Be prepared to wait.
Wait for him to produce it. Wait for him to ship it. Wait for him to provide tracking.
In my case, I don't even know if he's made it, much less shipped it.
I've had an RBE sitting on my bench for a month, waiting to install because I don't want to tear the bike down twice.
I had mine in 7 days shipped from Italy. The air filter was delayed though which took about three weeks longer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
He said it was "in stock" when I ordered. Then weekly contacts requesting a tracking number. He keeps saying "tomorrow..."
If it were simply stuck in transit I wouldn't be bothered, but the flaky responses are beginning to annoy.

ETA: I got the air filter on Amazon, 2 days to my door.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Hmmmmmmm 🤔

Why does this sound so familiar?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Be prepared to wait.
Wait for him to produce it. Wait for him to ship it. Wait for him to provide tracking.
In my case, I don't even know if he's made it, much less shipped it.
I've had an RBE sitting on my bench for a month, waiting to install because I don't want to tear the bike down twice.
You don't have to tear the bike down for an RBE, but since you will have the tank off, it will probably be easier.

I have mine back out and in the box. It stopped working on the second ride. I don't know if it was because of an O2 sensor going bad or if it was because the RBE failed. I will say that I could smell burning plastic in the morning that it stopped working, then the smell went away and the RBE was nonfunctional. It was half working, half not, if that makes sense. I could feel that it was doing something, but not enough and not what it was doing the previous ride.

I was honestly not a huge fan of it when it was working. It didn't like the way it doctored up the fueling, i.e. "Dial-a-Jet", remember those? It did work though, for the most part. The clsed loop section was definitely better than it was stock and there was only a slight stumble at the transition from closed to open loop. So I guess I just basically "ate" $200 in buying the RBE because I don't know if it works so I don't want to resell it and I can't send it back to Italy as it didn't fail until it was well past the returnable date.

However, I spent the money on an Upmap device and cable. With my free map I purchased the Arrow map without DB Killer. I had some glitches getting it installed but once I did it made all of the difference in the world. This is how the bike should have come from the factory. I have an Akra slip-on versus the Arrow but everything else lines up. It runs phenomenal now.

That said, if anyone wants to try my RBE (Rapid Bike Easy), I'll send it to you at my cost. All you have to do it hook it up, you don't need to take the tank off or anything. Once hooked up, if it works for you and doesn't throw any codes, pay me $100. It will cost you nothing to try. Lemme No.

Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have mine back out and in the box. It stopped working on the second ride. I don't know if it was because of an O2 sensor going bad or if it was because the RBE failed...
I've been reading your posts re: the RBE with some interest, and concern.
I live at 6000', and typically ride between 4-8000' during the week. I really wanted some flexible fuel control. I ended up selecting the RBE over the UpMap primarily because it'll allow quickshifter integration.
I remapped a MG Griso last year using GuzziDiag with a Beetlemap - totally transformed the bike. I was first hoping for a similar magic bullet solution on the Hyper, but figured since I now have the fancy ride-by-wire toys I may as well play with them all. I'm hoping my experience with the RBE is better than yours, I'll post a review in the appropriate thread after a couple tanks of fuel.

On the subject of the Starace intake cover, it looks like it's now on the way to me from Italy. Thanks to another member's influence, Mr. S. has sent me pictures of the shipping docs. Dunno if it was sent last night or last week, but I'll take it.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I've been reading your posts re: the RBE with some interest, and concern.
I'm hoping my experience with the RBE is better than yours, I'll post a review in the appropriate thread after a couple tanks of fuel.

On the subject of the Starace intake cover, it looks like it's now on the way to me from Italy. Thanks to another member's influence, Mr. S. has sent me pictures of the shipping docs. Dunno if it was sent last night or last week, but I'll take it.
I hope your experience is better than mine as well.

BTW, I think Tim is the illegitimate love child of Giuseppe anyway. :)

Dave

Reactions: araitim

·
Registered
317 Posts

Dave
[/QUOTE]

When my mom told me of an affair with a man from Italy I set out to find the first person to fill them shoes. 🥺(Father??.. is that you?) J.k.

The parts are good. If anyone is having issues with receiving their order just hit me up and I find out what the hold up is. Just trying to help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Within a couple hours of Tim messaging me, Starace dropped the package off at the post and sent me the tracking numbers. I don't know what the holdup was in the 3+ weeks prior, and my concern was not the wait but the excuses. I'll have tracking tomorrow, etc... It cost me a track day this weekend, but I'll live. It's too hot anyways.

WRT "being worth it," I believe it is, even though I haven't installed it yet.
The factory part is so lacking, and more air always being better, I don't mind shelling out not much more $$ than a good tire.
Sure it's a part that you'll never see, and you'll only hear it when you're on the way to triple digits, but if you can reconcile that cost and the install into your regular maintenance, it's probably worth it.
Just stay on top of the seller. I comm'd one day per week, to not be a pain. I should have hit him up every day until it shipped.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts

Dave
When my mom told me of an affair with a man from Italy I set out to find the first person to fill them shoes. 🥺(Father??.. is that you?) J.k.

The parts are good. If anyone is having issues with receiving their order just hit me up and I find out what the hold up is. Just trying to help.
[/QUOTE]

Your help on this forum and FB has always been appreciated Tim. You are a wealth of information on these bikes and we all appreciate you sharing.

But you know that we have to give you a hard time…...

Dave

Reactions: araitim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Verona, Italy to Utah, USA in 3 days. Too much on my plate this weekend, I'll get installed in time for my Monday commute.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Install was a pain in the ass, Ducati has done a great job of burying the airbox and an even better job of making the front right screw on the lid assembly nearly impossible to get out. It was a solid 2-beer job with some sweat and a lot of swearing.
This is my first Ducati, and it's always fun to get inside the mind of the assemblers when tearing something down for the first time. I did the airbox/filter install concurrent with a Rapidbike EVO installation. 5 hours start to finish.
When installing the airbox cover (super nice piece btw,) I tossed the aforementioned screw into a dark corner of the garage. I installed a cut-down self tapping screw in its place, that will someday save me some cursing by being removable with a ratcheting wrench.
IMG_3670.jpg

21 - 32 of 32 Posts