Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left Gilroy at 8 am heading to UC Davis to take daughter to breakfast and install a shelf. Left Davis and up to Lake Oroville via 80, 99, and 70 through Marysville. At Oroville to 162 around the lake which turned into US Forest Rt 119. Spectacular. Curves, elevation, and freshly paved with zero traffic from Berry Creek to Quincy. 6 free range cows on side of road. Gas up in Quincy and headed 89 north all the way through Lassen Volcanic Park. Very little traffic and all uphill leaving Quincy. Flat and straight as you approach Lake Almanor. 89 and 36 merge as you head west through the forest again on smooth traffic free road. Lassen is a must see. Very few tourists and was able to ride 45 to 55 through most of the park. Also newly paved most of the way. Exited the park and stayed on 89 til 299 and headed east and stopped for the night at Fall River Mills at 6:30. Stayed at a small motel just west of town and ate at the Fall River Mills Hotel. It has a cafe, dining room, and bar but I ate quickly and headed back to motel.

29 degrees at 8 am Tuesday morning. No heated gear and rode non stop until 10:15. Cold but bearable. 299 to 139 to 39 in Oregon. Flat and straight most of the way but no traffic and no LEO. Hit traffic around Klamath Falls on 97 but worth the view on 97 as you ride around the lake. West on 62 to Crater Lake. Flat and curvey and as you approach the lake elevation increases through the pines. Smells great. Crater Lake looks fake. Tried to attach pictures but file too big. Except for 4 patches of 100 yards of packed ice and snow no issues. Very little traffic on the rim road and many empty vista points.

Left the park heading west to Medford on 62. Once again feshly paved and down through the forest. Picked up 5 in Medford to Yreka and headed Rt 3 to Weaverville. This is a must ride. Twistys, mountains, long flat straights and no traffic. Saw two deer crossing the road and except for birds no other wildlife.

Weaverville to Redding on 299 to see a friend in the hospital and then slabbed it home. 1189 miles two days. Perfect time of year for the ride. Weather was good except the cold Tuesday morning but by late morning was perfect, very little traffic, and almost no tourists in RVs.

Looked for advice on reducing picture size but was unable to find.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Try Irfanview for resizing photos, works well for me.

·
Administrator
12,696 Posts

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
I have been using Picasa since I got my new camera. The "export" feature allows you to resize photos. I have ridden most of those Oregon roads and would like to see your photos.

·
Go for it!
461 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help. Currently an unemployed retailer (looking for work)and always looking for rides. This year have been through Utah, Nevada, northern AZ, Aspen, Million Dollar Highway from Oray to Durango, Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, BC, Yukon Territory, part of AK, all the Sierra passes, PCH from Oregon to LA, and numerous small trips. Alaska was on the V Strom. Hopefully leaving for the Grand Canyon with a friend on Oct 18. Any hints are appreciated.

Scott
Will aslo post pics on Ride Tales

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts