Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
riding a 2004 S4R - plan to make some minor mods so thought I'd come join the group to keep me on the right track :)

Today's challenge is removing the spacers from the battery try to make room for a lipo battery.

Other bikes in the garage are a Buell XB12s, Virago XV1100 (to be cafe'd), Honda VLX 600 (to be bob'd), Yamaha FZS 600 (being street-fightered / stunter'd) and a Vespa 150 (bored out to 180) with sidecar. Never enough time for my projects!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry - winter is getting to my fat-fingers ? that should have read "battery TRAY".

In the first pic you can see the top-down view of where the tray sits under the gas tank. There are 4 bolts that screw down into the cylinder head. The 2nd picture shows that the tray bolts onto a rubber mount which appears to be in two pieces. I'm hoping that I can remove the bottom rubber mount to give another 5mm clearance so the lithium battery will fit in.

I'm not sure if those mounts are just pushed in / pulled out and rely on compression or if they're screwed in somehow. I don't want to try forcing either way in case I do some damage so appreciate if anyone is able to give any advice.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
problem solved: they simply unscrew. Unfortunately though each mount is a single unit so looks like I'm going to have to improvise with a 15mm long m6 bolt and some washers to act as spacers.

·
Administrator
13,025 Posts
Hi and welcome to Ducati.ms. We are super happy to have you here.

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts