Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased a Geza Gear cover for there bike?
Is it worth the money they are asking for them?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had one for my VFR that came with the bike when I bought it used. I believe it was the least expensive version and I used it for 8 years and gave it away with the bike when I sold it. It fit perfectly and was quick and simple to use. It didn't get a lot of full sun use, maybe the equivalent of two or three weeks per year and it was noticeably fading when I got rid of it. The higher end models apparently handle more frequent sun use better. I bought a generic cover for the Multi and have been really disappointed, I expect I'll get another Geza.

·
Old Fast Guy
495 Posts
Yes... and Yes, IMO. I have the Geza for my 1198SP and love it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yes I have one of the high end geza covers that I use on both the hyper and the multi. Works well and seems ok in the sun however I am just waiting for someone to steal it. As a stretch cover it will fit almost any bike of similar size. Would I pay that much for a cover again - probably not as I can usually find safe parking places that don't require a cover now.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I got one for my Multi... I like it... Packs up small which is what I was looking for to take on trips and commute with... My only beef with them is I was supposed to have it before my trip last fall... Talk to the guy on the phone, told him when I needed it (3 weeks out) and it arrived a day late... UGH!!!! Oh well...

When I ride the Multi to work I like to keep it covered to keep it from baking in the sun all day... It can get very windy here, so I wanted something with a stretch fit to prevent rubbing out and dulling the paint... Seems to work so far, but I still do most of my commuting on my V-Strom...

If you want it to fit over luggage, you'll have to go with the Large... If you order a medium, they'll call you to confirm you don't want it to fit over luggage. Mine is a Large and it fits nice with or without luggage.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I got one for my Multi... I like it... Packs up small which is what I was looking for to take on trips and commute with... My only beef with them is I was supposed to have it before my trip last fall... Talk to the guy on the phone, told him when I needed it (3 weeks out) and it arrived a day late... UGH!!!! Oh well...

When I ride the Multi to work I like to keep it covered to keep it from baking in the sun all day... It can get very windy here, so I wanted something with a stretch fit to prevent rubbing out and dulling the paint... Seems to work so far, but I still do most of my commuting on my V-Strom...

If you want it to fit over luggage, you'll have to go with the Large... If you order a medium, they'll call you to confirm you don't want it to fit over luggage. Mine is a Large and it fits nice with or without luggage.
Can you post a picture of the cover on your bike with your bike loaded with luggage on. Also with so many models, which is the one to order??

·
Pulsating L-Twin Member
140 Posts
I saw these covers (the next-to-top-of-the-line version) in person at the IMS in DC last week, where they were blowing them out for $175 (show price only, or so they said, but you might could bargain, since that'll give you an idea of where the margin really is). I have a garage these days, or I would have snapped one up for sure; I'm going to get an Aerostitch for roadtrips/camping, because it folds down reeeeeaallllly small and will only see very limited use. The Geza's beautifully made, burly as snot, and really nice looking. If my bike was still outside on a daily basis, I'd get one for sure; well worth the $$$, from what I can tell.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Can you post a picture of the cover on your bike with your bike loaded with luggage on. Also with so many models, which is the one to order??
Sorry, it's been a while since I've checked in... Here's a couple pics without luggage... I'll try to get a couple with luggage next weekend when I have some time...

Also, I got the "lightweight" cover... It's the one that packs up the smallest. I'll try to take some pictures of that also...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Thanks Marty! I was getting around to ordering one and you just saved me a $100! Tim at Pashnit told me they only have about 10 left at these prices.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I got the Super Elite in large so I can use it with panniers and top case.

·
Pulsating L-Twin Member
140 Posts
Me too; ordered one up (to get in on this fairly deep discount) last night. All this talk about Geza -- and having just seen their stuff at IMS D.C. a couple weeks back -- got me off the Aerostitch idea. Besides, I've owned the Dowco covers before (another variation on the relatively loose-fitting cover theme), and I can tell you that high winds are not their friend :eek:. Even though I'll likely only be using it on long trips and indoors in the event we ever get another Actual Winter here in the Mid-Atlantic, I think it'll be worth the extra (non)scratch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts