Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a few of you know, I recently bought a 1998 ST2. I had quite a battle at first getting her running correctly but I now have her sorted out-more or less. Still a small oil leak to address-let's hope its an easy fix.

A few comments. THIS BIKE ROCKS. As everyone here already knew I'm guessing. It's not the fastest bike I've ever owned but it is the most fun on two wheels I've ever had. And the bike is practical. Only enough room and money for one bike, this one is tough to beat. Long trips, canyon run, two up-all good to go. I guess the only gripe I have is that at in-town speeds the 3,900 dead spot is tough. But as I've noted below 6,000 foot elevation the problem is gone.

Yesterday I had an amazing ride. It was in the low 70's and slightly overcast. Both the bike and myself work well at those temps. I had a few spots where I was at or over 120mph. One thing I did notice is that as I worked up to that speed in 5th gear passing 7,000 rpms there was a hickup. This was at about 5,000 foot in elevation. Wondering if others ever have this happen to them. As soon as I shifted and passed 7,000 again, problem gone.

What a sweet ride. Wish I could ride everyday.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Glad that you stayed the course and are enjoying the ride! Sounds like a good ride, for sure. Hope the leak is nothing major. Be sure and post up on the leak fix when you get around to it.

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Awesome!

Now you get to enjoy all of the hard work.

Nothing like a well running Duc, and as is said, it feels so good once you stop banging your head against the wall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts