Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this weekend I was putting the whole fuel pump flange assembly back into the bottom of the tank. I reconnected the overflow hoses and tightened them down. One thing is one of them just keep going until the clamp just about runs out of threads. It's like the clamp maybe is stretched some i guess. It shouldn't let me keep on tightening as you have the metal piece that the hose fits over that should make it stop at some point. The other side had no problems. I even counted the number of turns when I took off the hose and it didn't tighten up till I couldn't tighten after that upon reassembly. The other did. The good one right at the correct numebr of turns wouldn't tighten the clamp any more. So not sure about that.

The other thing that is driving me nuts is getting the flange back in. Because of how one of the clamps sticks out you can only "clear" the lip of the flange when it's in one position. And even then it's barely. Makes me scared like I'm doing something wrong. Makes me think if I have to remove it again it'll be a PITA. What gives?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
You don't really need clamps on the overflow tubes. Don't worry about it - as long as they're snug and aren't slipping off, they'll be fine. Be sure to leave the regulator breather pipe clear - connect the overflows to the 2 thicker spigots!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm maybe I'm connnecting one of them to the wrong one. That would explain why I can tighten a clamp more. Is there an extra spigot?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts