Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Monster 1200 R is getting a Termi slip on w/up-map (p/n 96480921A).

Do I need to do anything about the servo?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
So, do I just disconnect the servo and plug this in?

Or, do I completely remove the servo when using this type of device?

Thanks
Yes, you can remove the servo, cable - the lot. Just make sure you mount the servo eliminator so that it's protected from exhaust heat.

·
Smut peddler
821 Posts
^^What he said. Guess you could leave it in there if you wanted, but taking out the servo is less junk/ weight in there. And that alone is worth somewhere in the neighborhood of 1-45 HP. HELLO 6TH GEAR WHEELIES!

Just kidding. But yes, it's a simple plug and play. And I'm being totally cereal aboot that.0:)

·
Bon Vivant
10,212 Posts
I dont think the new map is made to eliminate the servo. With a slip-on I'd just leave it alone and functionaing, If I got a full system and a custom map I'd have it shut off in the flash.
If you do disconnect it make sure you safety wire it in the open position.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I remove the servo mechanism (and plug in a Servo Buddy), should I also remove the flapper valve in the mid-pipe?

Or just leave it, disabled in the open position?

Thanks

·
Bon Vivant
10,212 Posts
If I remove the servo mechanism (and plug in a Servo Buddy), should I also remove the flapper valve in the mid-pipe?

Or just leave it, disabled in the open position?

Thanks

If you can get to the valve to remove it - do that. If not, and you remove the cable - do wire it open, because the spring will not be enough to hold it in the open position at high RPM and it will close every time you open the throttle and cause problems.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you can get to the valve to remove it - do that. If not, and you remove the cable - do wire it open, because the spring will not be enough to hold it in the open position at high RPM and it will close every time you open the throttle and cause problems.
To remove the flapper valve completely would require drilling, cutting, then some welding. Seems like a lot of work for just a little gain, no? I'll do it, but would prefer not to.

Do you know of anyone who makes an aftermarket mid pipe section for my application (2016 1200R)?

Thanks, once more.

·
Bon Vivant
10,212 Posts
To remove the flapper valve completely would require drilling, cutting, then some welding. Seems like a lot of work for just a little gain, no? I'll do it, but would prefer not to.

Do you know of anyone who makes an aftermarket mid pipe section for my application (2016 1200R)?

Thanks, once more.

I personally dont know of any midpipes but I havent done any research for that bike so it is possible that one is available somewhere. That would be a question better posted to the Monster section of the forum. I personally would not drill and weld the flapper, I'd just remove the cables and safety wire it open. And, that's exactly what I did with my Tuono. However, I did have the flapper section cut from the pipe on my Streetfighter way back in 2010 and welded in a new piece. I think its a lot of work and expense for virtually zero gain. About a year later I bought a full system for that bike that doesnt have a valve.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I personally dont know of any midpipes but I havent done any research for that bike so it is possible that one is available somewhere. That would be a question better posted to the Monster section of the forum. I personally would not drill and weld the flapper, I'd just remove the cables and safety wire it open. And, that's exactly what I did with my Tuono. However, I did have the flapper section cut from the pipe on my Streetfighter way back in 2010 and welded in a new piece. I think its a lot of work and expense for virtually zero gain. About a year later I bought a full system for that bike that doesnt have a valve.
Sounds reasonable.

Should I bother removing the actual servo motor itself, or just leave it and disconnect the cable from the flapper?

Thanks

·
Bon Vivant
10,212 Posts
Sounds reasonable.

Should I bother removing the actual servo motor itself, or just leave it and disconnect the cable from the flapper?

Thanks

I'd probably pull that off the bike myself but if its not visible it really makes no difference. And if you think you'd ever want to return it to stock it would be much easier to just leave it in place and secure or remove the cables.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts