Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost a year ago exactly my 03 999 was stolen and I had some trouble with the insurance co, so big thanks to Gimp for helping me sort it out. Im about to pick up a new 999 but I want the same APR as I did on my last 999 through Ducatis special financing. I bought the bike on closeout for the 04's. Does anyone know when they usually start the special financing?

·
Registered
835 Posts
sick...... glad to hear your getting another.. how was it/where was it stolen?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Der_Teufel said:
.... I bought the bike on closeout for the 04's. Does anyone know when they usually start the special financing?
I don't know, but my best guess is... about the same time as last year :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ducati955 said:
sick...... glad to hear your getting another.. how was it/where was it stolen?
It was my second Ducati, Stolen just short of a year ago. I was visiting a friend in Santa Monica Ca. He was moving out of the state so I visited and just went to bars and had people over t his place sort of took the weekend to celebrate. It was stolen from outside his place. Someone or some people just picked it up and walked off.

·
Bobaganoosh
2,048 Posts
Der_Teufel said:
Im about to pick up a new 999 but I want the same APR as I did on my last 999 through Ducatis special financing.
What was the APR you had on your last bike? I talked my roommate into a 749 when we went to look at Beverly Hills Ducati, the Ducati rate was 9%. You can get a better rate at a credit union, or even maybe online. My credit union has motorcycle loans starting at 5%. You might want to shop around.

·
Registered
19 Posts
999 Deals

I'm also in the market for a new Duc. Del Amo motosports has a couple of 2005 999's at $17K OTD price. Last weekend they had a yellow and a black one. As I understand the low APR of previous years is gone, interest rates have gone up. Unless your credit is ranked over 700 expect no mercy. :mad:

Believe me I know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
waltman said:
I'm also in the market for a new Duc. Del Amo motosports has a couple of 2005 999's at $17K OTD price. Last weekend they had a yellow and a black one. As I understand the low APR of previous years is gone, interest rates have gone up. Unless your credit is ranked over 700 expect no mercy. :mad:

Believe me I know.

MY credit is above 700. And I have a better deal than 17kOTD from Proitali since Im a repeat customer. The APR I had on my 03 was 2.9!!! Last december when I was looking at the 05's on closeout the APR was 3.9 and 5.9. The current they are offereing is 8.9 - just too high. I would consider 5.

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
waltman said:

Believe me I know.
I've heard talk of 999 going for $14.8 + fees. Seems to me from my visits to Del Amo they are pricey

·
Registered
792 Posts
I don't know if I would be comfortable with doing it this way myself, but my credit union has some EXTREMELY attractive rates on Visa & Mastercards. My credit score is very high, we own a home with tons of equity, blah, blah, blah...we're a low credit risk, and it sounds like you are too. Maybe you can negotiate a low rate for a three year term. A benefit to this is that you'll hold the title from the time you ride the new bike out of the dealership.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PSsssp said:
I don't know if I would be comfortable with doing it this way myself, but my credit union has some EXTREMELY attractive rates on Visa & Mastercards. My credit score is very high, we own a home with tons of equity, blah, blah, blah...we're a low credit risk, and it sounds like you are too. Maybe you can negotiate a low rate for a three year term. A benefit to this is that you'll hold the title from the time you ride the new bike out of the dealership.
Besides the credit union, how else would you go about buying it? I want to get a replacement and am open to suggestions.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
A few years ago I bought mine by re-financing my house, told the bank I neede the money for .. umm a deck, painting and some landscaping.. got the money at home loan rate.. just upped the mortgage. In OZ so I don't know if you can do that but it's what I did.

Mal

·
Registered
208 Posts
John said:
I've heard talk of 999 going for $14.8 + fees. Seems to me from my visits to Del Amo they are pricey
Beaudrymotorsports.com has 04 999 for $15400.00 and 05 for $15900.00

G

·
I go in for the best OTD price, then write a home equity check. The home equity interest is 7%, and deductible, - so effectively much less than 7%.
Bonus is; you do not have to even talk to the finance man in the back of the shop, who is going to try to upsell you a bunch of junk.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts