Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned in a welcome section post, my beautiful red bike has been unloved and lonely for quite a few years. Fuel pump was dead when I started investigating things. Easy purchase and replacement from ebay but looks like float boat needles and o-rings, and clutch slave cylinder at a minimum need to be replaced. Any suggestions on where to find? I see some non OEM o-ring carb kits on ebay.

How about parts availability for these Cagiva era bikes? A quick search is showing not much availability.

Much thanks.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
i buy all the carb stuff genuine. the only o-ring they don't have is the one under the slide guide, which is a m10 x 1.5 from memory.

i have bought some ebay kits and they just looked a bit underdone. you can also get the bits as yamaha tdm850 parts from a yamaha dealer.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
If you are going to be putting in a jet kit buy that first, after that you can see what you do not have and like Brad I prefer oem Mikuni. They can come from the dealer or a supplier like Sudco if you know what you are looking for. These carbs are pretty good when set up so no worries on running them. One of the problem areas tends to be the fuel screw being seized in the bore. I would start by seeing if the fuel screws will come out easily, if they will then rebuild them. If not then I would source a second set.

Expect parts to continue to dry up for these bikes as Ducati has always tried to eliminate parts inventories after a model it 10 years old. there have been close out lists the dealers get where oem parts prices can be slashed to 1/4 of original price ( I grabbed a complete NEW F1 transmission shaft with all gets for about $70.00 where prior dealer cost was about $700.00). with that in mind you can guess why there would be parts that are no longer available. short term thinking or lack of warehouse space?

Fear not though the community is strong and the bikes are well made so there will be others to step up and make parts or workarounds for what we need.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I know a place to get all the seals for our mikuni stock carbs for if I remember correctly $26 per carb. It's a good deal. If you're still looking let me know I'll track it down again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts