Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

Went for a ride this morning. Atlanta to Dahlonega, GA followed by the Suches loop and back to Atlanta. Made a few stops along the way. Danny's Restaurant for breakfast. Yes, I had bacon. :D We stopped at a few of the observation areas, and Mountain Crossings at Walasi-yi. Great weather the whole trip. Road conditions were good. Thought I would share a few pictures. Enjoy. :)

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have a request from some Atlanta locals.

I'm riding from Virginia to Texas via Woodstock, GA an a couple weeks. I was planning on the Blue Ridge Parkway until southwest of Asheville, NC. The roads in this ride look very promising. Are there any further suggestions on a route across northern Georgia.

Next problem, riding from Woodstock, GA to Dallas, TX. I was thinking of dropping by the Barber museum in Birmingham on the way, but I really I have no desire to ride on the interstate. Does anybody have some routes to Birmingham that are more fun.

I think the last part of my trip through Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas won't be nearly as fun, too flat. But I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.

(Oh yeah, doing this on a new 848, ssshhhh don't tell anybody, its a secret)

·
Registered
227 Posts
That looks like a fun ride. That monster is bad ass.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

I'm riding from Virginia to Texas via Woodstock, GA an a couple weeks. I was planning on the Blue Ridge Parkway until southwest of Asheville, NC. The roads in this ride look very promising. Are there any further suggestions on a route across northern Georgia.

Next problem, riding from Woodstock, GA to Dallas, TX. I was thinking of dropping by the Barber museum in Birmingham on the way, but I really I have no desire to ride on the interstate. Does anybody have some routes to Birmingham that are more fun.

I think the last part of my trip through Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas won't be nearly as fun, too flat. But I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.

(Oh yeah, doing this on a new 848, ssshhhh don't tell anybody, its a secret)

I suggest going to www.motorcycleroads.com and there you can choose a state and they give you the best routes on a motorcycle. Even has a rating system based on road conditions, scenery, and amenities on the way. Check it out

·
Registered
234 Posts

riding from Woodstock, GA to Dallas, TX. I was thinking of dropping by the Barber museum in Birmingham on the way, but I really I have no desire to ride on the interstate.
Thanks.
If you wish to avoid the interstate you can take US 78 from ATL to BHM. Just past Leads you will turn off 78 onto Rex Lake Road to the museum; about two miles out.
US 11 down to Tuscaloosa and US 82 to Mathiston, MS. Hit the Natchez Trace Pkwy to Natchez, Ms. and..........
PM me if you you're coming through Tuscaloosa.

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
426 Posts
That road is awesome!!! I think it's the second best one after Deal's gap!

·
Registered
642 Posts
If you wish to avoid the interstate you can take US 78 from ATL to BHM. Just past Leads you will turn off 78 onto Rex Lake Road to the museum; about two miles out.
US 11 down to Tuscaloosa and US 82 to Mathiston, MS. Hit the Natchez Trace Pkwy to Natchez, Ms. and..........
PM me if you you're coming through Tuscaloosa.
Outstanding, I didn't know about the Natchez Trace Pkwy. Seems like my ride may take a little longer.:)

Thanks, I don't know my daily schedule yet. 400 miles a day may be my limit. I may meet three different forum members on this ride if timing works out.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Love that area!! Looks like ya'll had a great ride thanx for sharing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts