Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have searched the HOW and general forums as well as Google but can't seem to be able to find the generic Ducati 998 fuel filter options that I may be able to get from Napa or local auto parts store. Also trying to see if anyone has the info for the generic fuel pump options? Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I have searched the HOW and general forums as well as Google but can't seem to. Be able to find the generic ducati 998 fuel filter options that I may be able to get from Napa or local auto parts store. Also trying to see if anyone has the info for the generic fuel pump options? Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
We use these fuel filters:
Motowheels Fuel Filter: Most Ducati 04+

These fuel pumps:
Cycleworks Hi-Pressure EFI Fuel Pump
Corse Dynamics Hi-Pressure EFI Fuel Pump Kit

-M

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
Bosch 69238 Fuel Pump

Same pump the ST guys have been using for years & the same Ducati part# for mt ST2 & Euro 2004 998S FE

Fuel filter is a Napa 3032

Checkout the sticky the old fella's have made in the Sport Touring Section :wink2:

Lots of interchangeable parts with Super bikes

Craig

·
Premium Member
3,706 Posts
Last time I replaced my old 996 pump, it was a standard walbro pump, such as a 1990 Mustang

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I just picked up the Napa fuel filter 3032. It looks a little smaller. Should I be worried about that?
I also picked up the Airtex fuel pump. Anyone had any issues with any of the generic parts? Just want to be informed before installing everything and having to deal with any surprises or issues. Any other info is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
So I just picked up the Napa fuel filter 3032. It looks a little smaller. Should I be worried about that?
I also picked up the Airtex fuel pump. Anyone had any issues with any of the generic parts? Just want to be informed before installing everything and having to deal with any surprises or issues. Any other info is appreciated.
It's no problem, it just sits in the bracket a little on an angle, I changed the fuel pump & filter on my ST the other day.

Bosch Fuel Pump 69238 fits no problem, just got to take the little circlip of the pick up filter and swap over.

See photo

Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
The pump from a mid-2000s Triumph 1050 Speed Triple is the same, and runs about 200$. Part number T1240911.

I would trust it more than the cheapo aftermarket options as I've had one of those Airtex pumps fail.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey mate, just had a look, and that amazon link says that filter doesn't fit a 998 - am I doing something wrong here, or just too much red vino tonight...???

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
hey mate, just had a look, and that amazon link says that filter doesn't fit a 998 - am I doing something wrong here, or just too much red vino tonight...???
Trust me, it fits. See my photo above.

I am away at the moment, but I can send other photos tomorrow.

Craig

·
Registered
24 Posts
Trust me, it fits. See my photo above.

I am away at the moment, but I can send other photos tomorrow.

Craig
Hi Craig, I'll take your word for it. I've only just purchased a 2003 998, and just looking around here, and checking out bits and pieces. I've had a 2000 900 ss for a couple of years, and have played around with it a bit re services etc, but have never played with a 998 before. Hoping to remove the rear wheel tomorrow, and getting some new rubber fitted. My bike came with a hard copy workshop manual, so have been pouring over it for a few nights now, but, the real learning begins with a spanner in hand imo

I see you're not too far from me, relatively speaking. Do you get down around Newcastle/the Hunter region at all ?? The closest I've been to you recently was Armidale via the Oxley Hwy, last year....

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
I will be in Muswellbrook next week.

Craig

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,569 Posts
Mexicans >:)

Reactions: cb4265

·
Registered
756 Posts
Consider this:

The concern is with abrasive wear of the fuel injector's moving components and damage to the injector valve seats by particles in the fuel (i.e., not plugging of the injector nozzle). Fuel injector nozzle orifice sizes are 50–100 microns.

Knecht/Mahle KL 145 is the Ducati OEM filter. Filtration efficiency: 10 micron particles.

Wix 33032 NAPA Gold 3032. Filtration efficiency: 20 micron particles, (NAPA filters are made by Wix)

So, the Ducati fuel filter removes particles twice as small as the NAPA 3032.

Also, a comparison of the size of the external casings indicates that the OEM filter contains more filter medium so it can also hold more contaminants before needing replacement (to avoid excessive fuel pump electrical power requirements). Consequently, the smaller filter catches fewer particles but may need to be changed more often than the Ducati maintenance schedule.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts