Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all. I searched a bit but can't seem to find the hopefully simple answer I am looking for.

I recently purchased a 2008 1100s. The previous owner adjusted the track alignment (ride height bar) to it's lowest due to being on the short side. I would like to return it to the factory height not only because I am taller, but to get the suspension as close to factory as possible to dial in to me. I looked in the owners manual to try and get the information about what the stock setting is and it doesn't help me because it says to measure before adjusting. Could someone possible tell me how many exposed threads they have top and bottom if theirs hasn't been messed with? It has a tail tidy on so the measurement shown in the picture won't really help although if need be I could reinstall the factory tail to get the measurement right. Thanks!

·
Registered
449 Posts
You may find that 'threads showing' is not relevant to standard ride height. Chain adjustment results in ride height changes due to the rotation of the hub eccentric. So, for any given ride height setting, how many threads are showing depends on how much your chain has stretched.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Your answer is in the warning, the max distance between the center lines will the highest ride that can be adjusted in.

·
Old Fast Guy
472 Posts
The Factory setting is midway between the minimum and maximum values. I don't recall the actual value, but you can easily check the minimum and maximum length.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts