Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having problem with my hands numbing up on my 2001 748, has anyone used gel grips and if so a good brand to buy that is meant for the 748, any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
305 Posts
Im having problem with my hands numbing up on my 2001 748, has anyone used gel grips and if so a good brand to buy that is meant for the 748, any help would be much appreciated
I used Kuryakyn grips on one of my Harleys, and it did help with my carpol-tunnel, slightly. Not sure if it was the squishyness of the rubber pads, or the larger diameter size (likely the latter), but they did help.

For the Ducatis though, I am only running factory on all of mine.

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
look at progrip 699 it is my go to grip for street riding. sticky yet gel and comfortable without being huge. I prefer a thinner firm grip for the track but have not found a better street grip than the PG699

·
Registered
886 Posts
I had problems with my fingers going numb from handlebar vibration before I used inexpensive ($5) foam grips from a bicycle shop.

The idea here is that you can lessen vibration by isolating yourself from the engine vibration source by positioning a foam cushion (low frequency spring) along the path of vibration – between your hands and the bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
My heated grips are supper thick and comfortable...I remove them for the summer and it just kills me in terms of comfort...the foam bike grip overlay is the only thing on the market I've found to fit over a sport bike size grip to give the same level of comfort

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Most people who get numb fingers due to wrist, arm and neck angle. My Ex is a hand therapist who I desperately tried to prove wrong about this. With experimenting with different ride positions I came to the realisation that she was right and I was wrong. Bar angle was the biggest factor. Food for thought.

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,373 Posts
She made some goofy thingie with her plastic and putty therapy stuff.

It got rid of ALL her problems.:)

There you go.... fixed it for you.

Reactions: xracer
1 - 11 of 11 Posts