Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this was discussed but I looked and came back empty handed so don't shoot!
Looking to swap the front sprocket to a 14 tooth but it doesn't look like I can locate the 530 pitch on a ducati spline by Afam other than overseas, anyone has done this already and know where to shop better than me?
Every Afam search brings me to superlite
brand instead.
Figure I check here first before I get one from Europe

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Sorry if this was discussed but I looked and came back empty handed so don't shoot!
Looking to swap the front sprocket to a 14 tooth but it doesn't look like I can locate the 530 pitch on a ducati spline by Afam other than overseas, anyone has done this already and know where to shop better than me?
Every Afam search brings me to superlite
brand instead.
Figure I check here first before I get one from Europe
Had a Superlite steel on my Panigale. No issues.

https://sprocketcenter.com/superlite-52900r-530-pitch-chromoly-steel-front-sprocket-ducati-1200.html

https://motowheels.com/i-20552285-s...ly-steel-front-sprocket-multistrada-1200.html

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I just installed a 14 Superlite from sprocketcenter.com on my 14 MTS. Rode yesterday, I really like the lower gearing.

While you're in there I would suggest considering installing a Case Saver Insert from Desmo Times:

Desmo Times Home Page

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It really is how the bike should have come.
I think it has something to do with emission readings, so I was told, I did the gear change to all the ducs I've ever owned, cheapest mod ever!
That and the r1 quick throttle swap but can't do it on the ride by wire crap unfortunately....

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I think it has something to do with emission readings, so I was told, I did the gear change to all the ducs I've ever owned, cheapest mod ever!
That and the r1 quick throttle swap but can't do it on the ride by wire crap unfortunately....
That's just what I was going to write! "cheapest mod ever". What's the r1 quick throttle swap?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I did the gear change to all the ducs I've ever owned, cheapest mod ever!
Dropping a tooth on the counter sprocket and throttle spacers are the biggest performance bang you'll get for less than $100 bucks.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's just what I was going to write! "cheapest mod ever". What's the r1 quick throttle swap?
All the way to my 2012 PP I always swapped the throttle tube with the one from a2000 Yamaha r1, I'm sure that covers many other years but for $11 at the time from cheap cycle parts it turned the throttle into a quick throttle since the cam is tighter than the one on the ducati.
Other words if you need to twist the throttle 3/4 of the turn to go from 0 to max, with the one from a r1 you'll need to turn it only 1/2 to get the same result.
It also eliminates most of the left to right wiggle that annoyed the living piss out of me.
5 minutes swap, another cheap upgrade to consider if you don't have ride by wire.
Cheers!

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stebel air horn is another must have if your clutch or exhaust is not loud enough

1 - 9 of 9 Posts