Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I dropped the bike at Cadwell a few months ago. The gears were jammed and the mechanic at the time took the side cover off and re-adjusted it and all was good for three trackdays. However banked over at 100+mph at silverstone and gear selector failed to go into 5th... Day over and hours on google + left cover off I can see that the fork selector doesn't retract fully before being able to reelect a gear. I have ordered Ducati's retro fit upgrade i.e. better spring and a couple of washers and bolts. So question sis has anyone done this upgrade and what do I need to look out for?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have done many before. Biggest thing is to make sure the fork arm is centered between the stops. You’ll see a 10mm nut with a set screw. That is an eccentric. Also need to make sure the entire unit is placed correctly against the engine cases. Should have same throw up and down or forward and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: greg328

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ductech, I have ordered Ducati's upgrade kit i.e. a spring a couple of bolts and washer for $$$$$$. I'll do as you say . Is it worth me doing some pics and upload for others or is this basic stuff?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Pretty basic once you look at it. You will have to remove the flywheel though. That needs to be torqued with red loctite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey wannabe, I did a video on this a few years ago... It should be located over in the 'Hall of Wisdom.' Regardless, below is the link. After I made this video I had one more shift fork jamming incident and decided to safety wire the two bolts that hold the mechanism in place. I have not had any shift mechanism issues since. This is a fairly detailed video that will walk you through the entire process minus the safety-wiring...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts